Director of Marketing Research, Strategic Marketing & Research - Marketing & Media
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Strategic Marketing & Research, the Director of Research will be a knowledgeable, savvy and influential marketing insights professional who can help drive Purdue's brand strategy. The Director will be responsible for managing the planning, design and execution of market research projects (qualitative and quantitative) from development of research objectives to methodology and presentation of final recommendations in support of key university marketing strategies and programs. The Director will manage and enable research teams who provide research support to various functional groups within the Marketing and Media Department, as well as colleges and departments -- overseeing the collection and analysis of relevant market data and presenting solution-oriented recommendations that will enhance the marketing decisions of the organization. The Director will provide leadership and expertise in higher education marketing as well as monitor trends, competitive practices, and newly developing processes within the research industry, to develop a leading-edge higher education marketing research organization. The Director will manage vendor selection and oversee research execution. Research conducted may include students/alumni satisfaction/loyalty, key message and value proposition/positioning development, competitive intelligence, market trends, and college selection studies as well as diversity studies. The research team includes a marketing research analyst, consultant and a marketing strategist.
- Bachelor's degree in market research, marketing, or business administration.
- 3-5 years experience managing teams, with proven skills of leadership and ability to mentor and motivate subordinates.
- Strong management and team-building skills.
- Understanding of the application of marketing research towards strategic marketing.
- Significant application of quantitative (survey design, implementation, analysis) & qualitative (moderating focus groups & analysis) techniques.
- At least 3-5 years experience conducting statistical research and quantitative analysis.
- Broad Knowledge of quantitative (e.g. segmentation, cluster, factor analysis) & qualitative (e.g. naming studies, focus groups, IDIs) research techniques.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and SPSS/SAS.
- Exceptional writing, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Superb report writing skills.
- Strong background in statistics and data analysis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to step out of the research box, and assist with the important details required to help administer the research function - including strategy, team development, budget tracking and administration.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple, complex assignments on tight deadlines and tight budgets.
- Ability to administratively supervise exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Graduate education or professional level advanced training in marketing communications, statistics or consumer research.
- Market research experience in university marketing or the non-profit sector.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.