Institute for Veterans and Military Families
Commensurate w/ Education & Experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Standard University Hours with some evening and weekend hours as required by IVMF activities.
Unionized Position Code:
About IVMF: The IVMF is the first national center in higher education focused on the social, economic, education and policy issues impacting veterans and their families post-service. Through three pillars of action-education, employment and research-the institute provides in-depth analysis of challenges facing the veteran community, captures best practices and facilitates new partnerships and strong relationships between the individuals and organizations committed to making a difference for veterans and military families.
This position serves as a research associate for the the IVMF. The position is
responsible in assisting in the planning and execution of all institute research needs. Through research, the position will be supporting
the broad mission of the IVMF, program development and implementation, program evaluation and reporting to
funders, and contributing to policy analysis and advocacy, collaborative work with other organizations, and supporting veterans and their
Master's degree in Psychology, Social Science, Economics, Public Policy or related discipline (M.S. preferred).
Requires substantial research experience.
Job Specific Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years overall data analysis or research and writing experience with at least 1 year experience conducting quantitative survey research.
- Excellent research skills required including experience with literature reviews, survey creation/data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Proficiency with statistical and survey software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, Qualtrics) required.
- Strong written, conceptual thinking and oral communication skills required, including excellent writing, grammar, editing skills, presentations, training, advocacy, and negotiations.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff, and diverse stakeholders.
- Highly organized and able to work with a minimum of direction, while also able to take significant direction when provided.
- Ability to see a project through from start to finish within tight timelines.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, solve problems and carry out responsibilities independently.
- Effective time management, organization, and planning skills, with exceptional ability to multi-task and juggle numerous priorities, while maintaining high degree of collegiality with team members.
- Ability to design, articulate, and carry out research activities in various contexts and media.
- Requires analytical and problem solving skills relying on sound judgment and experience.
- Strong attention to detail in working with databases, tables/figures, and statistical reports, and in presentation of the research.
- Ability to relate business-purpose of the institute, applying experience and expertise to research needs and program evaluation and improvement.
- Strong and proven proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Access required, as well as quantitative and qualitative software. Must be able to create and present results in many formats, from raw data results to polished information graphics to varied audiences, including academic audiences, lay audiences, funders and sponsors, and others as needed
- Will conduct survey research which includes survey creation & development, data collection, data analysis, and reporting data results (which may contain recommendations based on analysis).
- Will conduct appropriate social science research, using available databases and libraries, publications, whitepapers, and other source material, published and unpublished, assessing its utility and credibility for inclusion.
- Will transform statistical and quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate these to Program and Institute Management.
- Will work closely with educational and employment program managers regarding program evaluation and improvement.
- Will be required to complete various short and long term research assignments, assist in the development of publications, and other special projects.
- Reports directly to the Director of Research with additional direction from the Managing Director and the Executive Director, and from program directors and staff ensuring that projects are completed on time.
- Will work with daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines, and the position will perform special projects from various ends of the Institute as directed to do so.
Candidates should attach a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references.
Job Posting Date:
Open Until Filled: