Temporary Writer/Editor « Position Deleted on 2/05/2013 »
DePaul University, the nation's largest Catholic University, is a private, urban institution with 6 campuses and more than 275 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The University's faculty, students and staff represent a wide range of ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds.
The Temporary Writer/Editor will report to the Director and will support the day-to-day activities of the College of Law's Communications Department. This individual will write and edit targeted print and electronic communications for various College of Law programs and offices. Communications initiatives include, but are not limited to, student recruitment materials, program/department brochures, event and other promotional materials, e-communications, and website and social media content. This temporary position will begin in early 2013 and span 6 months, with the possibility of renewal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and proofread copy for internal and external communications objectives.
- Ensure accuracy in reporting and writing, following recommended guidelines and department standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2-3 years communications experience in a respected consumer products or services firm, advertising or public relations agency, or nonprofit organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Excellent research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly proactive, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful.
- Team-oriented communication style.
- Ability to multitask, balance projects and work well under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to occasionally lift boxes of printed materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Knowledge of design and Web/social media applications.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected.
For more information about the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, please visit: http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/faq/faq_faq_can.shtml
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.