Job Seekers, Sign In
Senior Research Assistant « Position Deleted on 1/15/2013 »
|Institution:||George Washington University|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT INFORMATION
|Work Location Detail||6110 Executive Boulevard Suite 750 Rockville, MD 20852-3943|
|Assigned Organizational Area:||Research|
|Division/Vice President:||Vice President for Research (OVPR)|
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Posting Number:||Staff - 001977|
|Work Schedule:||Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm|
|Total Hours Per Week:||35|
|Recruitment Salary Range:||commensurate with experience|
|Job Open Date:||01/04/2013|
|Open Until Filled:||Yes|
JOB VACANCY ANOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification
Founded in 1821, The George Washington University (GW) is the largest institution of higher education and the largest private employer in the District of Columbia, with 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in nine schools, over 3,000 faculty, and more than 5,000 staff members. The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication, respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the University seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the University.
Job Description Summary:
This is a 6-month limited term appointment
Requires a bachelors degree and 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Bachelor's in Biostatistics or Statistics (or related field) and 1-3 years of progressive experience in data analysis using advanced statistical procedures in biomedical applications.
Good written and oral communication skills and detailed knowledge of SAS required.
Position title and salary commensurate with experience and
- Conducts study-related literature searches as needed.
- Assists statisticians in assembling and maintaining complex data sets using SAS or "R" statistical software.
- Performs programming analysis related macros using SAS or "R" statistical software.
- Conducts data analysis under the supervision of senior statisticians.
- Assists with developing and maintaining reporting systems using SAS.
- Participates in staff meetings. Meetings will be conducted in any of the 5 Meeting Rooms across 2 floors and may be conducted in private offices as necessary. Participates in site visits and study group meetings that may require travel to other locations in the Washington DC metropolitan area or other cities in the US.
- Maintains daily communication/interaction with onsite personnel to receive training, assignments, determine specifications and complete assignments, convey status of work and other questions and test results. Intermittent communication with The Center Systems Support staff and Administrative staff relating to systems and administrative details.
- Keeps abreast of current industry trends and enhances professional knowledge and skills through attendance at workshops/seminars or training as appropriate and in accordance with Biostatistics Center Professional Development Policy.
- Performs other work-related duties as requested. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Documents all new processes and procedures created in the above tasks.
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
The George Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.