Associate Director of Reunion Programs 20172
- Admin - Alumni Associations and Services
- Admin - Development and Fundraising
About Northwestern University:
Northwestern University is a private research university located on lakefront campuses in both Evanston and downtown Chicago, Illinois. Northwestern was founded in 1851. In fall 2008, Northwestern opened another campus in Doha, Qatar offering bachelor's degrees in journalism and communications in partnership with the Qatar Foundation.
The university employs approximately 7,100 full-time faculty and staff members among its 11 schools and colleges. NU offers over 130 undergraduate programs and 70 graduate and professional programs to the almost 16,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students enrolled full time.
Northwestern University is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a career at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal excellence.
Currently, we have a career opportunity as an Associate Director of Reunion Programs.
The Associate Director of Reunion Programs manages a comprehensive reunion giving program for three class reunions, including recruiting, training, managing and stewarding volunteers. The Associate Director will work with the Senior Director to develop a volunteer structure and communications program for their reunion classes.
Applicants must include a cover letter to be fully considered.
This critical role:
- Assists the Senior Director in setting and achieving reunion class giving and participation goals;
in developing and managing the overall reunion giving communication strategy, and volunteer structure and training program including design
and implementation of volunteer recruitment, training and stewardship materials;
- Works with the Senior Director to set class goals
and strategy to achieve goals;
- Provides input on a comprehensive reunion solicitation approach including direct mail campaigns, email
- Assists the Senior Director in evaluating past giving and participation rates through use of reports in the BSR
Advance Database, evaluating progress for current reunions on a monthly basis;
- Works with Major Gift and School officers to review
prospects, develops solicitation strategies and determines implementation plan for the strategy;
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment,
meetings and reunion events, including the Reunion giving check presentation;
- Plans and implements a million-dollar giving campaign
for each reunion class;
- Recruits, trains, and manages a set of 50-75 volunteers for each reunion class;
- Identifies, researches
and solicits prospects for leadership gifts;
- Coordinates volunteer strategies with other Development Staff;
- Manages efforts of
volunteers, providing reporting, solicitation support and training where appropriate;
- Coordinates personal solicitations for the
reunion gift committee members;
- Develops and implements strategies for giving and participation, including mail, phone and personal
- Stewards leadership gift donors and volunteers;
- Works with staff in other areas of development to coordinate
personal contacts by self, other officers and volunteers;
- Writes and produces direct mail solicitation pieces, taking input from the
Reunion Gift Chair;
- Provides necessary documentation and follow-up to donors, volunteers, internal contacts and file;
annual solicitations for reunion gifts of $1,000 or more (8 trips per year);
- Identifies and researches prospects for
- Travels to areas where there are significant clusters of reunion prospects;
- Works with staff in other areas of
development to coordinate contacts with prospects;
- Solicits gifts from identified prospects;
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- 3-5 years' experience in annual fund-raising, preferably in an
educational setting, at least two years should include significant personal solicitation activities;
- Experience in volunteer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and creative skills;
- Computer skills, familiarity/comfort working in a Windows environment.
Beyond being a place to learn and grow professionally, Northwestern is an exciting and fulfilling place to work! Northwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including: competitive compensation; excellent retirement plans; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; dependent care match; vacation, sick and holiday pay; professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Northwestern greatly values work/life balance amongst its employees. Take advantage of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities on campus. Employees also receive access to childcare solutions, retail discounts, and other work/life balance resources.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will search and apply for current openings. To apply for this position in eRecruit, enter the Job Opening ID number in the appropriate search field. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for this position is <>.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.