Ethanol Plant Operating Coordinator
- Admin - Facilities Management
- Admin - Laboratory and Research
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) and the National Corn to Ethanol Research Center invite applications for an Ethanol Plant Operating Coordinator. This position is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and monitoring of equipment and associated control mechanisms of an ethanol plant. They will assist in operating, troubleshooting mechanical control systems, utility equipment, and other laboratory research mechanical components commonly associated with various fermentation, distillation, dehydration, and grain handling processes in this facility. They will work closely with clients to maintain specified research protocol within a strict business confidentiality environment. The Ethanol Plant Operating Coordinator may perform other related tasks in support of the Center's mission and goals.
1. High School Graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling three years (36 months) from the following categories
(a) work experience in renewable fuels, chemicals, refining, brewing or research plant operations, which includes experience in grain handling operations, fermentation/distillation/dehydration processes, utility operations, and related laboratory techniques associated with plant operations.
(b) college coursework as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent
- 60 semester hours or Associate Degree in Process Operations Technology (or related program) equals two years (24 months)
- 90 semester hours in Process Operations Technology (or related program) equals three years (36 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor Degree in mechanical or industrial engineering.
1. Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
2. Safety and security: knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures.
3. Basic knowledge of chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and chemical processes related to the process industry.
4. Operation and Control: controlling operations of equipment or systems
5. Equipment Maintenance: performing routing maintenance on equipment and troubleshooting.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills.
7. Supervision/Training: scheduling activities, as well as the work of others, developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, work. Conduct on-the-job training.
Starting salary: $18.97 per hour
Application deadline: January 15, 2013
Residency: Illinois residency is required.
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Qualified applicants must submit a Civil Service application http://www.siue.edu/humanresources/forms/pdf/APPLICATION_FOR_CIVIL_SERVICE_EMPLOYMENT.doc (required), detailed resume outlining skills in Qualification #2(a), and unofficial transcripts to:
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Office of Human Resources
Campus Box 1040
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040
Or email your Civil Service application (required), detailed resume outlining skills in Qualification #2(a), and unofficial transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only one Civil Service application is required to be completed per year. Please use only one application to apply for multiple positions. The Office of Human Resources will not contact applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications listed.
For more information please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/humanresources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
If qualifying by education, you must submit your transcript at the time of application. Applicants qualify for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and drug screening prior to an offer of employment.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran's status.