Location: NDSU Main Campus, Fargo, ND
Provide secretarial support for the horticulture, plant sciences and extension plant sciences programs. Assist graduate program coordinator with managing the graduate student program for Plant Sciences. Provide backup support to the undergraduate programs in Plant Sciences. Assist the coordinator of the Master Gardener Extension Program. Provide front-line communication to include receiving visitors, students and staff and answer main office telephone ensuring a focus on customer service. Provide administrative support to department chair, faculty, staff, and students on a day-to-day basis. Other duties as assigned to assist in the management of the department.
- Associates degree in administrative secretarial or business related program
- One year related secretarial experience
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to handle responsibilities requiring independent judgment with minimum supervision
- Ability to work/interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Knowledge of general office practices
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills
- Detail oriented
- Collaborate with others as needed
- Ability to work using computer software and to learn quickly
- Some occasional lifting
- Knowledge of NDSU PeopleSoft System, including Campus Connection and Moodle
- Agricultural background or understanding of agricultural related topics.
- General understanding of N.D. University System