Coordinator, Athletic Academics
Location: West Dining Center Lower Level
Assist the Associate Director Athletic Academics in carrying out academic enhancement programs for student athletes including NCAA compliance, retention and development. Meet one on one with at-risk student athletes to monitor and support their academic progress, assist in administering NCAA academic compliance (including assisting in completing required NCAA reports), continuing eligibility, and academic enhancement programs for student athletes. Meet with student athlete recruits to describe academic support services and expectations. Communicate closely with coaches, faculty members, other campus departments and academic advisors. Teach study skills course to at-risk student-athletes. Counsel and refer student athletes experiencing academic difficulties. Act as an advocate for student-athletes. Maintain an understanding of NCAA rules and regulations, especially those related to academics.
- Bachelors degree
- Related experience working with college student athletes
- Demonstrated ability to employ learning enhancement strategies
- Ability to collaborate with diverse populations and constituencies
- Strong communications skills (written, interpersonal, public)
- Proficient computer skills, especially spreadsheets
- Master's degree in education, counseling, student affairs or related field
- Experience with Division I NCAA academic compliance
- Teaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level
- Knowledge of NCAA academic rules
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Transcripts will be requested upon interview.