Seminary Program Representative « Position Deleted on 2/12/2013 »
|Institution:||Indiana Wesleyan University|
The individual in this position has primary responsibility to recruit students for programs offered by Wesley Seminary at Indiana Wesleyan University. As the primary representative of Wesley Seminary to prospective students seeking to obtain a degree, the person filling this position must have excellent specific knowledge of the degree programs and a superior general understanding of the target audiences for which the programs are designed. Working in consultation with the Assistant Director of Admissions or Director of Admissions, this person assists in developing and modifying plans to recruit for these programs.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supply information and serve as the primary admissions resource regarding the various Seminary programs to prospective students from the point of initial inquiry to enrollment.
- Interface in the enrollment process with various APS and Seminary departments (e.g., Financial Aid, Accounting, Academics, etc.) and prospective students regarding the programs, answering questions about curriculum and course sequence, scheduling, registration, pre-requisites, etc.
- Plan and coordinate student visits to campus.
- Plan and conduct regularly scheduled visits to key influencers and develop relationships with them as directed. Examples of this could include: key area pastors, Wesleyan leaders, etc.
- In consultation with the Assistant Director of Admissions, register for, attend, set up and maintain booth space at selected ministry and Seminary trade shows, conventions, and conferences. This travel will include in state, out of state and potential international travel.
- Track proposed class starts for the purpose of informing the Assistant Director of Admissions about status and progress on class development.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all Seminary programs and the associated admissions processes and be able to provide potential students with accurate information.
- Attend Seminary meetings and events as requested by the Assistant Director of Admissions.
- Input and update student data and interactions and activities in contact management systems
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director of Admissions, AES.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Superior communication skills (spoken, written, group, individual)
- Excellent computer skills with working experience in word processing, spreadsheets, database usage, e-mail, Internet, etc.
- Ability to relate well to ministry professionals
- Ability to work independently, especially in the area of arranging and conducting visits, travel, and scheduling daily activities.
- Excellent organizational ability
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Significant travel required with the ability to carry, set up and manage a display
- Professional dress required
Smoke-free office environment
Education: Minimum of a bachelor's degree, master's in a ministry related discipline preferred
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in college recruitment, sales, marketing, and/or public relations or ministry. Previous seminary experience as a student or employee an asset.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University's employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement .
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.