Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Marketing and Communications « Position Deleted on 2/21/2013 »
|Institution:||Richmond Community College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsGeneral Description of the Position:
Reporting directly to the President, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for creatively leading and implementing the marketing and community outreach efforts of the College in order to support the strategic plan, strengthen the College's image and brand, and actively inform stakeholders and the community of the College's programs and services.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
1. Develops, implements and assesses the results of the RCC marketing plan.
2. Design and manage activities providing the College with effective public and community relations, brand management, advertising and promotions, press and publication management, and social and web media.
3. Supervises and evaluates college outreach staff and coordinates recruitment and outreach efforts with other appropriate departments, in support of the enrollment management plan.
4. Supervises and evaluates the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications.
5. Produces and submits to the Leadership Team all press releases, articles, and college publications, serving as the primary author or editor.
6. Serves as the public information officer, the primary college contact for news media inquiries.
7. Responsible for the College's effective and positive presence in digital media, including the internet and social media.
8. Manages the College's brand and logos in all usages.
9. Develops and applies aggressive and visible public relations strategies to build the College's position within its communities and with stakeholders at the local, state and national levels.
10. Plays a leadership role in major college events, including graduation, convocations, and special events.
11. Manages the utilization and programming for the College's local educational cable TV channel.
12. Develops and administers budgets for the department, following all college policies.
13. Develops and recommends to the President all policies and procedures related to marketing and community outreach.
14. Fulfill other relevant and appropriate duties as assigned by the President, including college committee assignments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent writing and public speaking abilities. Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a collaborative, team-based environment. Strong leadership and problem solving skills required. Thorough understanding of terminology, applied concepts and processes in print, web-based, and social media.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field required. Masters degree preferred. Minimum of 5 years experience in journalism or marketing required. Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required. Professional experience in a higher education setting is preferred. Portfolio of relevant writing and creative work required.
Position Available: February, 2013.
Application review begins immediately. To apply: the RCC Application and copies of college transcripts must be received prior to consideration. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a criminal background check.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and credentials. Full-time
Location: Main Campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.