Assistant Coach, Football - Intercollegiate Athletics
Provide sport program management support to the head football coach. Instruct or coach groups or individuals in the fundamentals of the sport. Demonstrate sport and safety techniques and methods of participation. Evaluate student-athletes' strengths and weaknesses as possible recruits or to improve the athletes' technique to prepare them for competition. Serve as mentor to student-athletes with academic and personal issues. Provide functional supervision to temporary student employees.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of two years coaching or playing football at/or above the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of sport-specific fundamentals, techniques, and safety rules & regulations.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, communicate and adhere to University, Big Ten Conference, and NCAA policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational, interviewing, strength training and counseling skills.
- Ability to recruit on a national level, instruct and motivate student-athletes on sport fundamentals, techniques and safety rules & regulations, and provide academic and personal mentoring.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build positive relationships among diverse individuals including: student-athletes, parents, coaches, media, faculty, staff, students, and general public.
- Ability to foster a participative management style that utilizes teamwork to successfully guide the work of others.
- Must possess a learning orientation to changing technology impacting sport.
- Personal computer and related software skills.
- Valid Indiana Driver's License and ability to travel.
- Bachelor's degree in an area that provides a knowledge base in exercise, physiology, or physical performance.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.