Executive Assistant to the VPFA « Position Deleted on 2/12/2013 »
|Institution:||The Chicago School of Professional Psychology|
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Executive Assistant provides a high level of diversified administrative support to the Vice President of Finance and Administration (VPFA) and other professionals within Finance and Administration. In this role, the individual will act as recording secretary for the TCSPP Board of Trustees Finance & Investment and Audit Committees. S/he will facilitate, promote and foster an effective, efficient, professional atmosphere while providing excellent customer service. S/he provides assistance in collecting, compiling and analyzing moderately complex data, preparing presentations and assisting in coordinating projects and deadlines directly or through others. The Executive Assistant must be able to work independently, with limited supervision and quickly become a resource for the institution regarding TCSPP policies, procedures, and practices. This individual will assist with highly sensitive and confidential projects and correspondence and must be able to handle this information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Coordinates all administrative functions and provides multifaceted administrative support for the VPFA with a high degree of independence and professionalism.
- Ensures adequate, clear, and personable communication and follow-up with internal and external constituencies.
- Tracks projects and programs associated with VPFA’s span of responsibilities. Acts as liaison between the VPFA and all levels of the organization by communicating directives, instructions, and assignments. Follows up on the status of outstanding assignments and projects.
- Independently and accurately produces a variety of letters, memos, reports and presentations using the appropriate software for word processing, graphics and spreadsheets; prepares and/or updates functionally related reports and records, develops and/or participates in special projects; develops presentations/reports from conceptual ideas or existing materials.
- Develops and maintains a file system on file servers and/or repositories for files, policies, and records, ensuring immediate retrieval of information and documents in accordance with TCSPP’s records retention policies .
- Prioritizes, schedules and coordinates logistics for various meetings and events, both on and off campus. Interfaces directly and independently with individuals inside and outside the organization on meeting facilitation and coordination. Manages the VPFA calendar handling requests for time using sound judgment to determine priority and scheduling.
- Prepares agendas and materials for meetings and ensures distribution of materials. Updates VPFA on status of issues before meetings. Takes minutes and follows up on action items as needed.
- Responds to routine or special inquiries and requests; facilitates the information flow between those inside and outside the institution.
- Receives and screens incoming telephone calls, determines priority matters, and notifies VPFA or other executives accordingly. Refers issues to appropriate staff or provides requested information.
- Manages all necessary travel arrangements using online tools; develops travel itineraries; prepares and maintains travel documents and records in accordance with institutional policies and procedures.
- Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports. Makes preliminary assessment of the importance of materials, organizes documents, handles some matters personally and forwards appropriate materials as appropriate.
- Performs research, prepares responses, and responds to inquiries from the TCSPP community, as well as external constituents, regarding interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Proactively develops relationships with key internal/external constituencies gaining recognition as an institutional resource.
- Resolves straight-forward to moderately complex problems and issues, under general supervision.
- Uses appropriate judgment and knowledge of institutional policies when sharing sensitive information.
- Proactively notifies the appropriate individual on issues of quality, confidentiality, or risk.
- Collaborates with colleagues to understand needs and requirements. This collaboration will include working with virtual teams.
- Develop and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of the institution’s structure, programs, key personnel, and policies and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by institution.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced writing and editing skills to prepare clear, concise and grammatically correct business correspondence and reports.
- Ability to formulate and communicate logical and sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of professionalism and independent judgment completing tasks on time and with a high quality.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to understand graduate and professional education concepts and processes.
- Ability to prioritize duties when faced with interruptions, distractions and fluctuating workload and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities. This involves organizing workflow, and teaming with colleagues to accomplish tasks and balance workloads.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings, workshops and events, including coordinating catering, travel, special equipment.
- Skills to prepare and complete basic financial forms and reconcile expenses.
- Ability to prioritize and direct calls, and take accurate messages in a professional manner.
- Must have exceptional customer services skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside the institution, and the ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Appropriate technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems and databases as needed for the position and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Skills and abilities in project management and organizational effectiveness. Develop and demonstrate solid knowledge of institution-wide and business operations specific tools, processes, and databases.
- Must possess advanced knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO, Access, as well as Adobe Acrobat Pro, database software and scheduling/organizing software;
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copier, fax, and calculator.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to produce work that is timely, grammatically correct and error free.
- Must be able to work in a very professional environment with an extensive understanding and knowledge of corporate organization, company industry and/or related government/state committee structures, key contacts and their representatives.
- Budget preparation and financial reporting experience is desirable including a solid understanding of budget, contracts and accounting processes.
- Strong detail orientation, accuracy, and follow up in work product
- High level of reliability, creativity, and commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Must be responsive and quick thinking
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency in advanced administrative duties requiring strong organizational skills and follow-up capabilities typically achieved in five (5) to seven (7) years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Overtime will be required on occasion.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.