Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The successful candidate for the Admissions Counselor position will have proven experience in creating and achieving benchmarks. The ability to foster collaborative relationships; to effectively communicate with multiple constituents; organizational, and communication skills; and an ability to think innovatively are necessary. In addition, this position requires a dynamic, self motivated individual, who is able to multi-task, and must enjoy working in a fast paced, multi-dimensional, and rapidly growing university.
- Manage a geographical and program recruitment territory which includes travel (approximately 2-4 weeks) and on-going communication with prospective students and applicants.
- Act as the Office of Admission liaison for one or more academic programs.
- Establish and maintain contact with prospective students throughout the admission cycle in timely and professional manner via multiple modes of communication (in-person, telephone, chat, email)
- Represent The Chicago School at college fairs, class visits, conferences on a national level. Maintain knowledge of all TCS programs and requirements.
- Conduct counseling sessions with prospective students and their families to introduce them to the school and their program of interest. Provide more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Conduct campus tours on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate an on-campus Admission event and assist with all admission events (i.e. Open Houses, Interview Days, Admitted Student Day)
- Produce weekly activity reports of work with applicants and inquiries.
- Review and evaluation of admission applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (strong writing skills, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills) are a must.
- Other required skills include leadership, organizational, time management and planning capabilities.
- Computer skills including word processing, database management and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to represent TCS in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community and at a post-baccalaureate level.
- This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude compliment a dynamic, collegial team.
- A Bachelor’s degree required.
- Admission experience is preferred.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and personal car are necessary.
- Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends are required.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.