Job Seekers, Sign In
Associate Director, Alumni and Student Affairs « Position Deleted on 2/09/2013 »
|Institution:||Columbia University School of the Arts|
|Location:||New York, NY|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsSchool of the Arts, Office of Student and Alumni Affairs
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Student and Alumni Affairs in the School of the Arts (SOA) the Associate Director will administer alumni and student affairs programs, including serving as the liaison to the University's Center for Career Services. The incumbent will help to create sustained alumni engagement through communications, collaboration, and programming to foster a strong School of the Arts alumni community.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
ALUMNI AFFAIRS -- She/he will work with Associate Dean, Student and Alumni Affairs, Faculty Chairs and Concentration Heads to develop a vibrant and effective program of alumni activities and communications and with the Center for Career Education (CCE), Columbia Alumni Association (CAA), Columbia Alumni Artists League (CAAL) and other central University offices to serve SOA students and alumni. The incumbent will manage a database of over 6,000 School of the Arts alumni using Harris Connect and Advance/Athena programs and prepare various reports and surveys based on database information. She/he will develop a working knowledge of Columbia University's central alumni database, central alumni communications tools, and other software as necessary.
The Associate Director will manage and reconcile Alumni Affairs budget, liaise with other Columbia University offices to resolve administrative issues and problems for alumni and work with Associate Dean to develop alumni organization guidelines.
STUDENT AFFAIRS - The Associate Director will serve as the liaison between the School's Programs in Writing, Film, Theater and Visual Arts and the University's Center for Career Services. She/he will develop and maintain Career Development page on the School of the Arts' website and Artists' Resource Center website; manage and maintain job postings, and information on internships, grants, scholarships, residences, festivals and other career building opportunities; work to ensure that these opportunities are effectively promoted and disseminated.
In consultation with each program, coordinate information sessions on a variety of job-related issues to complement, extend coursework and make visible on SOA website. The incumbent will train and supervise peer counselors; maintain profiles on relevant arts organizations, agencies, etc. and develop a network of alumni volunteers with expertise in particular fields to counsel students. She/he will communicate with students and alumni on social networking sites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and other sites as relevant.
Participation in evening and weekend activities as required. Some travel may be required. Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of related experience required.
- Strong interest and engagement in the arts.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and sustain excellent working relationships with SoA faculty and the larger Columbia community is essential.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment on concurrent projects with frequent interruptions is essential.
- Must be able to exercise exceptionally good judgment, to be innovative, and to understand the importance of SoA and University governance and policy, and to work well under pressure.
- Tact, discretion and ability to maintain complete confidentiality are essential.
- Computer experience (word processing, database management, report servers, spreadsheets, social networking).
- Ability and willingness to learn new software and systems.
All applications must be made on-line at the Columbia University Jobs Website where all details of the position and qualifications for it are listed. Apply at:
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.