Job Seekers, Sign In
Business/Marketing Instructor - Fall 2013 « Position Deleted on 4/09/2013 »
|Institution:||College of Southern Nevada|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Description: This tenure track Business/Marketing Instructor position begins August 2013. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Teach business and marketing courses within the Business Administration Department.
- Provide an excellent teaching experience to a diverse student body using effective teaching strategies.
- Develop syllabi and course materials.
- Develop and expand current and future CSN Marketing programs.
- Evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course outcomes.
- Participate in department/school meetings and activities.
- Serve on department and college-wide committees.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities with an emphasis in marketing.
- Assignments may be multi-campus with the possibility of day, evening and/or weekend classes. Emphasis will be at the CSN Charleston Campus, however this is subject to change.
- Master's degree in Business or closely-related field. Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Full-time community college/undergraduate proficient teaching experience in business and/or marketing courses or alternatively, a minimum of 2 years part-time community college/undergraduate proficient teaching experience.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
- Doctorate degree in Business or closely related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- 2 years or more of full-time community college or undergraduate teaching experience in business and/or marketing courses.
- 2 years or more of professional work experience in the field related to business, management, or marketing.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in business outreach and/or business development.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate and utilize a variety of teaching strategies in the classroom and online.
- Knowledge and ability to work with a diverse student population as found at CSN.
- Demonstrated focused professional and/or academic experience in the field of marketing.
Equal Employment Opportunity: College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADAAA.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.