Job Seekers, Sign In
Psychology Instructor - Fall 2013 « Position Deleted on 4/09/2013 »
|Institution:||College of Southern Nevada|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Description: The Department of Human Behavior of the College of Southern Nevada is seeking to fill a full-time, tenure track position in Psychology starting for the Fall semester, 2013. The responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Teach Psychology courses as needed to meet the mission of the department; General Psychology usually encompasses a large percentage of the workload but other courses may also be included (child, adolescent, abnormal, etc.).
- On-line courses may constitute a portion of the workload.
- Develop syllabi and course materials; evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course outcomes and program assessments; Provide an excellent teaching experience as well as student advisement, recruitment activities and program/curriculum development; Participate in program/division meetings and activities and serve on department and college-wide committees; Assignments may be multi-campus with the possibility of early morning, day, evening and/or weekend classes.
- Master's degree in Psychology or closely related field from a regionally accredited college or university; closely related Psychology degrees include a substantial core of Psychology courses at the core of the degree. These would include abnormal, cognitive, personality, and other Psychology courses. These degrees may include: Advanced degrees in counseling; Marriage and family therapy; Clinical social work; Mental health counseling; and Applied behavioral analysis.
- Ability to teach a variety of courses in the field of Psychology.
- Higher education teaching experience within the last 4 years.
- Demonstrated ability to develop online courses.
SPECIAL NOTE: Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
- Ph.D. in Psychology from a regionally accredited college or university community college teaching experience within the last 4 years, during which the candidate must have taught college-level Psychology courses; experience teaching community college online classes, and demonstrated familiarity with the mission of community colleges.
- Evidence of multidimensional delivery methods in the classroom.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and teach web-enhanced, blended/hybrid, and on-line classes.
- Familiarity with a course management system such as Angel, Canvas, or other learning management systems.
- Evidence of College service (committee work and collaboration with colleagues).
- Work experience working with diverse/multicultural student/employee body.
Equal Employment Opportunity: College of Southern Nevada recognizes that embracing diversity maximizes faculty and staff contribution to our goals and provides the best opportunity for student achievement. CSN is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. AA/EOE/ADAAA.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.