Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Institutional Research « Position Deleted on 2/10/2013 »
|Institution:||McHenry County College|
|Location:||Crystal Lake, IL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide leadership for the College's institutional research program that supports the continuous improvement of institutional effectiveness and student learning, facilitates the use of College data in planning and decision-making, and ensures compliance with state and federal reporting obligations and accreditation requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership and oversight for the College's institutional research needs, including:
○ Coordinate all College survey research and needs assessments, including research on students, program completers, alumni, and employees
○ Support student learning outcomes assessment, including facilitating the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of assessment data
○ Develop and disseminate regular enrollment, retention, and graduation reports to the College
○ Collaborate with other departments to construct and implement institutional performance goals and methods to evaluate institutional effectiveness, including maintaining and updating the College's Key Performance Indicators
○ Coordinate data collection and reporting necessary for Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) Action Teams, AQIP Systems Portfolio, Key Performance Indicators, and other accountability reports
- Administer Office of Institutional Research operations, including:
○ Develop and maintain the office's annual budget
○ Approve, prioritize, assign and monitor all Office of Institutional Research projects
- Administer the College's MIS reporting and other external reporting functions:
○ Complete required reports for the Higher Learning Commission
○ Coordinate College response to data requests from other professional organizations
- Support the College's strategic planning efforts, including:
○ Develop methods of disseminating planning information and outcomes to employees, and prepare all strategic planning reports
○ Coordinate college plans with the planning requirements of external agencies
- Support and participate in the College's commitment to continuous improvement and the AQIP process of accreditation through appropriate participation in Action Team activities
- Work collaboratively with others (e.g. colleagues, stakeholders, vendors) to accomplish functions and responsibilities
- Perform other functions and tasks as directed by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution required in Social Science, Educational Psychology, Statistics, Educational Research, or related field. PhD. or EdD. preferred.
- Five years of institutional research experience, including quantitative and qualitative research methods, required
- A minimum of two years of leadership experience either in directly managing employees, or in a project management role.
- Experience in higher education preferred; experience in the Illinois Community College system desired
- Experience with program evaluation and assessment of educational and learning outcomes
- Experience utilizing database, statistical, spreadsheet, and query software packages
- Experience with federal and state reporting with data in higher education preferred
- Experience with the Academic Quality Improvement Program preferred
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results within a team environment and to develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to design and conduct institutional research projects and studies including research design, methods, sampling, statistical analysis, qualitative research methods, and analytical techniques.
- Ability to approach problems objectively
- Ability to oversee the work of a team engaged in providing specific services, completing specific projects, or assisting other units
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, spreadsheet, relational database, and query software such as SPSS, Excel, Access, and Crystal Reports
- Ability to query complex database systems to collect and organize data for institutional research
- Ability to analyze, interpret, report and communicate complex ideas and research findings clearly and concisely
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others
- Exercise good judgment, diplomacy, and patience
- Ability to work independently, yet have a strong team orientation
- Ability to manage projects, facilitate group meetings, and coordinate and supervise projects
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to use small office equipment including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems
- Commitment and respect for diversity
- Understanding of and commitment to the College mission and goals
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions, skills and specifications of the position
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified applicants must submit all of the following: a current resume, an MCC Employment Application form, and copies of graduate level transcripts as well as a narrative to include relevant experience and your most recent career accomplishments. In addition, a writing sample or report is required describing a recent research project you have completed, a maximum of one page in length, and including the results and rationale for the project.
McHenry County College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity in its college community.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.