Job Seekers, Sign In
Coordinator of Study Abroad « Position Deleted on 2/11/2013 »
|Institution:||Eastern Illinois University|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsCOORDINATOR OF STUDY ABROAD (Advising): This position is primarily responsible for the student advising, data management, and social (non-marketing) processes.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Advise both undergraduate and graduate students in selection of study abroad program.
- Conduct information sessions and individual advising meetings as needed.
- Respond to inquiries from students, parents, faculty, and staff via phone and email.
- Supervise a Graduate Assistant (GA) dedicated to assisting this position.
- Manage application, screening, and selection processes for all study abroad programs.
- Organize and conduct pre-departure orientations for all students.
- Evaluate and develop re-entry programming.
- Collect and share data from program evaluations.
- Maintain the office database and paper file systems of the Office of Study Abroad with complete and accurate information about participants, partners, and course articulations for the purposes of advising and credit evaluation.
- Interact with campus offices (Financial Aid, Bursar, Registrar, Counseling, Health Services, etc.) to ensure that student records are up to date and accurate.
- Generate reports for appropriate campus offices (registrar, bursar, etc.).
- Work directly with campus Financial Aid Office officer dedicated to study abroad students.
- Process transcripts and work with faculty advisors to complete course approvals.
- Organize office literature for advising purposes.
- Act as primary liaison to international partners and act as intermediary when appropriate.
- Oversee the Study Abroad Ambassadors program for returning students (a service program connected to our scholarship award process).
- Advise the registered student organization, Study Abroad Society.
- Assist with other projects, as needed, at the request of the Director.
Highly competitive applicants will have excellent customer service, organization, and communication skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and effectively manage time in a fast-paced environment.
START DATE: Anticipated start date August 1, 2013.
SALARY: $32,040 to $34,800 annual starting range.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Kelly Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Study Abroad Coordinator." Applications will be accepted through February 15, 2013. For more information on the Office of Study Abroad, please visit our website: www.eiu.edu/edabroad/
Eastern Illinois University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer committed to achieving a diverse community.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.