- Executive - Other Executive
- Admin - Computing - Management/Director
Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Do you like being a part of a high energy team that likes helping others? Do you thrive on working in a fast paced environment? Our expectations are high, and we work hard - and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn't hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that's just the beginning.
As Executive Director, you will be responsible for providing technology leadership and management of technology systems and services at client institution. This includes Project Management, management of strategic and tactical activities to ensure client satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance, and resource management at the client site. In addition, you will be responsible for creating and implementing client's information technology strategy. You will report to the General Manager. Whatever the responsibilities, you'll have lots of opportunity to make your impact at Ellucian.
You will add value by:
Strategic / Customer Focus
- Working closely with the CIO at the client institution, maintaining regular contact with client executives and staff; developing a positive client relationship.
- Focusing on client liaison and strategic aspects of Managed Services activities at the client location.
- Advising client on status of technologies at the institution relative to the client's strategic goals and objectives.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including directing staff, who support administrative and/or academic computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions.
- Assessing and anticipating technology projects and recommending appropriate action and resources.
- Identifying user needs, resolving problems and directing building of teams to work across all levels of the organization.
- Working with the CIO establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department.
- Recommending and/or determining the institution's long-term system needs and proposing hardware/software solutions to accomplish the institution's business objectives and to support campus goals.
- Coordinating, submitting, reporting, and managing problem resolution for all Federal and State requirements for student, personnel and financial records.
- Working with Managed Services management to coordinate corporate resource requirements to complete and update annual strategic plans.
- Participating in the development of strategies and the completion of contract upgrades and renewals with General Managers and Vice Presidents.
- Recognizing, creating, and tracking value-added and ROI activities for client.
- Ensuring contract administration, extensions, and enhancements.
- Negotiating and maintains responsibility for managing various IT related vendor contracts.
- Assisting with or creating requests for proposals for IT related projects.
- Translating and articulating administrative and educational goals of the institution into technical initiatives.
- Directing budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business processes and database system strategy.
- Completing and monitoring site budgets and business plans; reviewing monthly revenue and expense reports.
- Preparing and submitting required corporate reports in a timely manner.
- Implementing company policy, methodologies, procedures and practices at site location.
- Hiring all company staff assigned to support a client's information technology operations.
- Managing on-site personnel actions, staff training and development.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with Managed Services management on significant site issues, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals.
- Managing complex technical projects and technical operating units.
- Making recommendations and overseeing implementation of all key IT-related functional units.
- Communicating IT-related information on projects, service levels, tasks and issues to the appropriate audience using the appropriate mediums.
- Proactively supporting corporate initiatives and programs.
- Leading and directing efforts using appropriate management skills including project management, budget administration, decision making, communication, and time management skills.
What we need from you:
- Knowledge of Higher Education and Information Technology
- Requires a minimum Bachelors degree. Advanced degrees strongly preferred
- 4 - 8 years of experience in the Information Technology field; or equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT strategic initiatives in a college or university environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to mentor and grow others
- Ability effectively communicate technical topics to non technical staff
- Ability to collaborate across varied groups
- Must have stress-management skills.
- Must possess planning and organization skills.
- Strong understanding of Administrative/ERP Computing systems for in any of the following ERP solutions: Banner (preferred), Colleague, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Jenzabar, Blackboard, College Net, On Contact and other CRMs, etc.
- Strong understanding of Network/Telecom, Instructional Technology and User Support Services.
- Strategic/Customer Focus: Proficient decision-making and time management skills. Strong leadership abilities. Maintains current knowledge in use and trends of technology in higher education. Ability to work in a politically-sensitive environment with various campus constituencies and conflicting goals.
- Process/Improvement Focus: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Adaptable, open to change, creative in problem resolution, and innovative in generating solutions.
- People/Empowerment Focus: Able to give and receive feedback at all levels of the organization. Strong coaching, empathizing, and empowerment abilities.
- Risk/Value Creation Focus: Able to take initiative and responsibility for projects, promote teamwork and collaboration between Client and Ellucian staff.
- Familiarization of working with data sets, analytical reports and statistics to identify trends in daily college operations
- Experience with or knowledge of service provision best practices (e.g.ITIL)