Web Programmer - Office of Communications for Enrollment Management (A1300008)
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS FOR ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has one or more openings for a Web Programmer Specialist. This is a 100% full time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position with a salary between $45,000-$50,000, based on level of experience and skill. The Web Programmer will assist in the development and maintenance of web and mobile applications, both large and small, for all units that OCEM serves. The Web Programmer works in a collaborative environment with other programmers, designers, and editorial staff. This position reports directly to the Senior Web Developer. OCEM is a shared service center that handles all the marketing and communication needs for nine different units within the Office of the Provost, including the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and all student recruitment materials. This position reports to the Senior Web Programmer.
The Web Programmer Specialist will:
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain enterprise level web-based applications
- Consult with clients to develop workable solutions and project requirements
- Ensure application specifications meet client's needs
- Set realistic goals and create accurate estimates for the development of applications in order to meet deadlines
- Troubleshoot and resolve application/database problems in a timely manner
- Create and maintain documentation on developed databases and applications
- Create user manuals when necessary
- Ensure the protection and security of data that is accessed, collected or stored by web applications and databases
- Provide assistance to clients utilizing web applications
- Manage changing priorities
- Modification and testing (continual maintenance and support)
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science or related field)
- One year relevant experience
- Programming experience in a MS Windows environment focusing on web and database systems
Strong technical skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously are necessary. In addition to a technical skill set, excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentations skills are a must. Candidate must be able to work independently and with a team of web designers and technical staff. Candidates must be able to interact well with a diverse faculty, staff, and student populations in a fast-paced higher education environment, and in a professional and productive manner.
To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by January 22, 2013. Start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a decision will not be made until after January 22, 2013. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling 217-244-9010.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.( www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)