Job Seekers, Sign In
Senior Application Specialist - CITES (A1300009) « Position Deleted on 2/22/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Senior Application Specialist
Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
EXTENDED - January 28, 2013
Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES) is the provider of campus-wide computing, networking, telephone, and instructional technology services supporting academic activities of faculty, staff, and students at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
CITES has an opening for a Senior Application Specialist who will play a significant role in creating, deploying, and maintaining production level IT services that are robust, high-quality, and reliable, meeting the needs of CITES' customers. This position will assume primary or secondary responsibilities for one or more services, such as CITES Wiki, in-house developed applications, or cloud services. This position reports to the Assistant Director, Production Applications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports and maintains high-risk and/or complex applications of a large scale (greater than ten thousand users).
- Manages IT service projects of defined scope.
- Responsible for IT service requirements gathering and analysis.
- Manages day-to-day IT service operations.
- Trains junior, backup, and other staff as necessary.
- Creates business plans and IT system/architecture designs.
- Conducts product evaluations.
- Proactively plans for capacity of the IT service.
- Creates and maintains a three month rolling project/activity/task plan for IT services.
- Plans for disaster recovery and business continuity as deemed appropriate to the visibility, importance, and risk factors of the IT service.
- Incorporates usability and accessibility considerations into IT service planning, development, and operations.
- Communicates with vendors or other third parties using predefined methods for ticket submission, support, and enhancement requests; escalates issues with those parties in an agreed upon manner.
- Aggregates and writes reports of subordinate work.
- Generates analysis documents of technical issues.
- Ensures excellent Customer Service throughout the Application Services Unit.
- Partners with the CITES Service Desk by setting and managing the expectations of customers; acting as an advocate for CITES clients in service planning and deployment across the organization; and resolving customer satisfaction issues.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum three to five years experience.
- Programming experience in at least one relevant language.
- Proven creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience supporting large scale applications with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of service life cycle management processes including but not limited to change management, monitoring, testing, release management, security, capacity planning, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Awareness of accessibility and usability needs.
- Basic project management best practice knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of IT environments in University settings preferred.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours and to respond to on-call requests to provide 24 x 7 service availability.
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and collaborating in a high performance team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Experience in participating in diverse workgroups.
Appointment Status and Salary
This position is a regular, full-time, twelve-month academic professional appointment and includes salary and a benefits package (24 vacation days; health, dental, vision; SURS retirement). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The starting will be some time after the closing date. There will be no relocation costs included in this package. Applicants should have a current, valid legal authorization to work in the United States.
For full consideration, applications should be received by February 19, 2013. Please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a combined package of materials in one file - PDF preferred (letter of application, resume, and the names/addresses/telephone/email of three professional references). The online application will require the names and contact information for the three professional references. Employment requires three letters of recommendation and a criminal background check for the finalist. For further information about this position, please contact Regina Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 333-4222.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer who welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. ( www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu ).
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.