Position Deleted on 2/03/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
- Faculty - Business - Entrepreneurship
- Faculty - Business - Management
$42,618 to $63,452 USD Per Year
The Instructional Specialist for the Business Management and Entrepreneurial Studies Departments (ESI) is responsible for providing high quality instruction, engaged scholarship and student support in all credit and non-credit programs associated with Business Management and Entrepreneurial Studies at Anne Arundel Community College as well as program management related to ESI and the Ratcliffe Foundation. Instruction may be in a variety of formats, including but not limited to, classroom, computer lab, tutorial center, distance, on-line, etc. In addition to instructional responsibilities, the Instructional Specialist will have a major role in collecting, tracking and reporting data, mentoring and advising students, managing special projects, and supporting the administration of scholarships, as well as the development and implementation of new programs within the Entrepreneurial Studies Department. This full time position is a twelve-month professional level position.
- Master's degree in Management, Leadership, Business or related discipline required.
- Minimum of one year experience in teaching community college students required.
- Experience in some form of engaged learning required, including but not limited to entrepreneurial activities, service learning, student competitions, internships or a related applied or active learning pedagogy preferred.
- Experience in assessment, curriculum development, and/or curriculum design preferred.
- Experience in delivering instruction in non-traditional setting using various delivery modes preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations.
- Strong human relations skills, including the ability to function effectively and tactfully with diverse populations such as students, administrators, faculty, staff, donors, community partners and the public.
- Ability to work a flexible 40 hour weekly schedule, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate the needs of the department programs required.
- Experience in community college business or entrepreneurship.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience advising students.
AACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. We are committed to the power of diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.