Assistant Director - Fire Service Institute (A1300017)
- Faculty - Vocational & Technical - Fire Science
- Admin - Police and Public Safety
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Illinois Fire Service Institute
This position provides strategic leadership and oversight to the Firefighting Program for the Illinois Fire Service Institute (IFSI). The Firefighting Program is a keystone of IFSI and delivers training to nearly 20,000 students annually.
- Provide strategic direction consistent with IFSI's long-range vision to all firefighting training activities
- Serve as the primary advisor to the Director and Deputy Director regarding the Institute's Firefighting Programs, including program development, program delivery, and operational decision-making authority
- Direct supervision for major program areas within the firefighting training area
- Work with the Deputy Director and Director to establish hiring criteria and training/professional development requirements for staff
- Participate in the selection, mentoring, and development of Field Staff Instructors
- Direct the delivery of annual IFSI Schools, including the Explorer-Cadet training school, Annual Illinois Fire College, and Winter Fire School
- Ensure that curriculum for all programs reporting to this position are maintained in a timely manner that considers internal and external program needs and state and national standards.
- Participate in the selection, mentoring, and development of field staff instructors
- Serve on state and national committees related to firefighting training
The position reports to the Deputy
Director, who reports to the Director of the Illinois Fire Service Institute, who reports to the Provost. Master's degree in Fire Science, Public Administration, Human Resource Development or other
Master's degree in Fire Science, Public Administration, Human Resource Development or other
To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references by February 1, 2013. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decision will be made until after the search has closed. Please direct questions to Josh Schwenk at email@example.com.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.