Job Seekers, Sign In
Visiting Undergraduate Recruiter - Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (A1300012) « Position Deleted on 1/30/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
Visiting Undergraduate Recruiter
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (NRES)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (NRES) seeks a 12-month, 50%-time visiting academic professional to coordinate recruiting activities for the undergraduate program. This position may become non-visiting and/or the percent time may change in the future dependent upon funding and programmatic needs.
Develop and implement recruiting programs and materials to attract undergraduate students to majors in NRES through the following duties and responsibilities:
- Identify and attend events involving high school and community college students who are likely to have an interest in NRES-related areas of study.
- Develop relationships with environmental and related clubs at high schools and community colleges throughout Illinois.
- Build relationships and provide outreach with organized high school activities, such as Envirothon, Science Olympiad, WYSE (Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering) competition, FFA and others.
- Execute effective social media activities to increase awareness of NRES among high school and community college students.
- Coordinate with the College of ACES to arrange for visiting prospective students to meet with a current student and faculty/staff member.
- Build and maintain a database of recruiting contacts.
- Develop recruiting materials.
- Serve on the NRES Web and Student Recruitment Committee.
- Work collaboratively with the NRES Advising Coordinator and other recruiting positions in the College of ACES.
- Represent the department as assigned on outreach and recruitment programs and special activities held around the state.
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences related discipline. A master's degree is preferred.
- Two years of experience related to student recruitment, admission counseling, environmental education or program development is preferred.
- Knowledge of career opportunities in fields related to NRES.
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Dept. of NRES undergraduate major and courses is preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, with a high priority placed on responding quickly and thoroughly to inquiries from prospective students.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: This appointment will begin as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing Date: For full consideration all requested information must be received by January 24, 2013. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed.
Application Procedure: Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Carol Preston at email@example.com. For more information about the Department of NRES, please see our website at http://nres.illinois.edu/.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. ( www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.