Job Seekers, Sign In
Analyst-Programmer, #S05212 « Position Deleted on 2/12/2013 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs
|Organization:||Information & Systems Technology|
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer
Position #: S05212
Location: Office of Information Technology Building/Rockville
Salary: $61,547.200 - $83,096.00 per year
Extended deadline, online applications must be received by Monday, February 11, 2013
Montgomery College, Office of Information Technology, has need for a full time Analyst/Programmer position, #S05212. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m., and may include occasional evening and weekend hours. This is an alternate funding position.
Job Summary: The Analyst-Programmer provides team leadership; leads projects; participates on technical committees; prepares and delivers status reports; oversees contractors; evaluates hardware/software, records hardware/software selection, and installs and maintains enterprise applications. This position is responsible for Enterprise application support and upgrades for ImageNow, Banner, and other college-wide application systems. This position is also responsible for data warehouse development and ad hoc report development. This position involves development in an enterprise Oracle environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience required that included all of the following: working with Oracle databases, Oracle development and SQL coding; development, implementation, and ongoing support for enterprise applications.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience conducting detailed requirements analysis, and developing specifications, project planning, and other project management activities is required.
- Minimum of two years demonstrated experience required in each of the following areas: UNIX scripting, Unix server, and Intel desktop platforms; experience with ad hoc reporting software and report development.
- Demonstrated experience required in each of the following: windows operating systems, and MS Office applications; HTML, XML, and FTP.
- Demonstrated experience working with functional or administrative clients.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated history showing continuous professional and technical growth required.
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment without assistance.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Familiarity with Ellucian enterprise applications, web development, and data migration experience.
- Experience using Crystal Reports, and higher education experience.
- Experience with Qlikview installation, configuration and reporting.
- Experience with ImageNow use and/or support.
- Technical writing and/or technical writing education is desirable.
- Extended deadline, online applications must be received by Monday, February 11, 2013.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
- failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree.
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is a dynamic, diverse institution, with students from over 170 countries, located in a diverse county of nearly one million residents. Montgomery College is committed to equal opportunity.
Montgomery College is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering a diverse academic community among its student body, faculty, and staff.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.