Admissions Counselor « Position Deleted on 2/13/2013 »
|Institution:||Touro University Nevada|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Touro University Nevada is seeking an energetic individual for the Admissions Counselor position for the Office of Admissions. This is a full-time, professional position responsible for increasing and meeting TUN's enrollment through coordinated, planned and driven recruitment practices. The Admissions Counselor works closely with the Director of Admissions to provide a smooth transition for the student from the application to enrollment stage. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for meeting acceptance/enrollment goals of the academic programs and to provide information to prospective students on all aspects of the university.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following outlines the basic responsibilities of this position. Other duties to be assigned as necessary.
- Work with the Director of Admissions and departments to recruit, attract, and yield high quality, and diverse students into the various academic programs.
- Responsible for representing TUN at university programs and events, conferences, recruitment activities across the country, in particular the Southwest, for extended periods of time throughout the year counseling families, prospective students and the general public on all aspects of the admissions process at the university.
- Goal-oriented individual with superior presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to public speak and deliver presentations to individuals and groups.
- The Admissions Counselor will also provide exceptional student services and communicate the mission and values of Touro University Nevada.
- Responsible to oversee data entry and accuracy of reports, and ensure students meet qualifications to screen, filter, attract the best students into the programs.
- The Admissions Counselor coordinates the input of data from applicant information into the appropriate data bases and ensures that applicants meet all Program Admission Standards. He/she will complete applicant file audits to ensure compliance with all Program Admission Standards.
- Meets weekly and works closely with the Director of Admissions to review reports, revise procedures, brainstorm greater efficiency and effectiveness in the operations of admissions and recruitment activities.
- Attends admissions and academic committees; and recruits faculty and staff for campus interviews and projects.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of university on-an-off campus programs and receptions, including but not limited to: Health Advisor Day and New Student Orientations.
- Determining and implementing recruiting strategies in order to achieve enrollment and assisting in new student orientation.
- Make decisions based on data regarding universities to target, events to conduct in order to build yield at specific schools.
- Independently conducts a comprehensive admission file review process and provides recommendations to Director of Admissions.
- Regularly counsels and advises prospective students, families, and the general public regarding university process and procedures, the admissions process, and general information about the university, such as financial aid, laptop initiative, housing, etc.
- Leads campus group tours for students and families.
- Develop and cultivate excellent relationships with academic advisors, prospective students, their families, and the campus community.
- Proven ability to perform and thrive both independently and in a team environment are essential.
- Respond to admissions emails and inquiries.
- Experience with recruiting high ability students into graduate programs. This position currently is assigned to the following programs: Physical Therapy, Education, and Physician Assistant Studies.
- Conceptual, analytical, and organizational skills; must be detail-oriented and be able to multi-task.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and a high degree of customer service.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex information and exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time.
- Ability to operate application software programs, understand data integrity, and knowledge of student information systems.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years working in an educational setting, preferably admissions/recruitment.
- Experience working with students from underrepresented populations is preferred.
- Ability to work and travel evenings and weekends on an on-going basis.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to represent the department and university in a professional manner.
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to learn and accurately apply and/or explain policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office and various computer applications
- Strong working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Create and maintain collaborative and productive relationships with various constituency groups.
- Experience with and enthusiasm about working with a individuals from diverse backgrounds
Touro University Nevada offers generous benefits to eligible employees including: health and optional dental/vision coverage; life insurance, long-term disability, a tax-deferred retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, and more.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest, resume, names and contact information for five professional references to email@example.com. Please include the most recent supervisor as one of your references.
Applicants will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please note that we will begin reviewing applicants immediately.
Touro University Nevada is an EEO.