Dean of Students « Position Deleted on 5/08/2013 »
|Institution:||Touro University Nevada|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Touro University Nevada seeks a Dean of Students, the senior student affairs position reporting to the Senior Provost and CEO. The Dean of Students provides leadership and oversight for Student Services and for Institutional Research and Planning. Student Services includes Academic Support Services, Admissions, Bursar, Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Activities and Institutional Events. The Dean of Students serves as a resource for and liaison to students, parents, faculty, and staff; manages the conduct code process, and is central to efforts with students in distress and/or crisis.
The successful candidate will have an earned doctorate and at least five years of higher education experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Preference will be given to candidates who have served as a senior student affairs officer.
- Oversees the functions of admissions, the registrar, financial aid, bursar, academic support services, student activities, and institutional research in accordance with the university's mission and primary goals.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues at Touro College in New York and Touro University California to ensure compliance with system and federal regulations.
- Serves as a resource and liaison for students and student organizations, faculty and staff, and (when appropriate) parents.
- Facilitates departmental and division wide assessments, develops and administers in-house staff development, and provides leadership for the management of students in crisis.
- Works in conjunction with other university offices in an effort to increase understanding and awareness of services for students and their families.
- Ensures compliance with academic policies and procedures as they pertain to students and their academic records; monitors processes associated with individual student academic standing as appropriate to include probations, suspensions, and/or promotions.
- Provides leadership for student enrollment activities to include recruitment, admissions, registration, financial aid and scholarships, student records, data collection, and orientation activities.
- Provides leadership for institutional research and strategic planning efforts.
- Manages the Student Conduct Code process by ensuring compliance with the Code and ensuring adherence to due process rights of all students.
- Within the strategic planning process, establishes and implements short and long range organization goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution. Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions, motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Oversees divisional budgets to include establishing priorities, requesting resources, monitoring expenditures, and assessing needs.
- Represents Touro University Nevada, as appropriate, to external constituents (including potential and current donors).
Supervises; Director of Admissions, Registrar, Bursar, Director of Financial Aid, Director of OASIS, the Associate Director of Student Activities, the Director of Institutional Research, and the Executive Assistant to the Dean of Students.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Requirements include an earned doctorate and at least five years of higher education experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Preference will be given to candidates who have served as a senior student affairs officer.
- Broad understanding of the role that student affairs play in the life of the university
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of the integrated functions of the registrar, admissions, financial aid, and student affairs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Skills in budget planning and fiscal management
- Experience with personnel supervision, motivation, and development
Touro University Nevada offers generous benefits to eligible employees including: health and optional dental/vision coverage; life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, a tax-deferred retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, and more.
See www.tun.touro.edu for additional information about the university and its programs.
Electronic submission of application materials is required. Please submit a detailed letter of application; curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for five professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee will begin reviewing applications on January 28, 2013, and review will continue until the position is filled.
Touro University Nevada is an EEO.