Information Technology Technician
Touro University Nevada Information Technology Department is seeking a full-time Information Technology Technician. The Information Technology Technician is responsible for providing hardware & software support to students, faculty and staff. This includes support for network access, email, desktops and laptops, printing, technologies used in teaching spaces, telephone and videoconferencing equipment, and building security system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following outlines the basic responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Individuals may be required to work evening hours and/or on Sunday.
The Information Technology Technician is responsible for the day-to-day technical support needs of end-users at Touro University Nevada.
- Provide break/fix and configuration support to Touro University Nevada-owned hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, telephones (desktop and handheld), and videoconference systems.
- Provide support for institutional software applications.
- Provide support for Audio/Visual equipment-related issues.
- Provide support for email issues.
- Provide support for computer-controlled security systems.
- Generate student and employee ID badges and account credentials.
- Ability to deploy and move hardware, including computer systems (desktop/laptop), printers, VoIP telephones, handheld telephones, FAX machines.
- Assist supporting the network and wireless network services. Ability to test and evaluate function of wireless and wired network hardware.
- Utilize Touro University Nevada Help Desk to document work orders.
- Maintain and update the Touro University Nevada inventory of technology equipment.
- Provide On-Call support periodically as required.
As delegated by the Chief Information Officer.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) or more years of experience providing end-user technical support preferred. Hardware, network, and vendor-neutral certifications such as CompTIA A+, PDI+, and N+ desired. College degree desired.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (2007, 2010)
- Knowledge of Help Desk system management and tracking
- Knowledge of Dell hardware
- Understanding of Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Active Directory
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Troubleshooting / Triage skills
Touro University Nevada offers generous benefits to eligible employees including: health and optional dental/vision coverage; life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, a tax-deferred retirement plan, numerous paid holidays, and more. See www.tun.touro.edu for additional information about the university and its programs.
Candidates meeting the minimum requirements should submit a cover letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three professional references to CIO@tun.touro.edu. Please put "Information Technology Technician" in the subject line of the email.
Resumes apply only to this position and are not kept on file.
Applicants will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Touro University Nevada is an EEO.