Job Seekers, Sign In
Payroll Manager « Position Deleted on 2/14/2013 »
|Institution:||University of St. Francis|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe University of St. Francis, a Catholic, Franciscan institution in Joliet, Illinois, is searching for a Payroll Manager at our main campus in Joliet. This position is available immediately.
USF offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs serving traditional-aged and adult students through a variety of learning formats. The university is located in a residential neighborhood about 35 miles southwest of Chicago, and offers excellent recreational opportunities with access to the rich resources of the Chicago area.
This is a full time, exempt position, minimum expected is 40 hours per week. Some work on weekends or holidays may be required.
The primary purpose of the Payroll Manager is to successfully execute a relatively large and complex university bi-monthly payroll. This position will assure that all University employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner; that the University remains in compliance with all payroll taxation requirements and the manager remains well-trained and current on applicable legal requirements.
This position is responsible for management of payroll compliance; report preparation and submission; coordination of payroll processing with Banner software; and serving the faculty, staff and student workers by ensuring responses to questions and concerns are handled in a timely manner. The Payroll Manager must ensure that all federal, state, and other regulations and policy changes are adhered to in order to avoid penalties and to see that the campus community is serviced effectively and efficiently.
While the Payroll Manager reports to the Staff Accountant, it is important the position works in collaboration with the Human Resources Staff to investigate and resolve employee payroll inquiries. The Payroll Manager is expected to take the lead in search for efficiencies that can be gained through automation, procedural changes, and the elimination of outdated or nonessential processes or procedures and provide strategic planning initiatives to improve processes.
- Organize and complete 3 semi-monthly payrolls - schedules, processing steps, documentation methods
- Prepare faculty, staff and student worker payrolls accurately and timely
- Prepare direct deposit files
- Distribute payroll checks/direct deposit statements
- Maintain electronic payroll files, by pay date
- Research and resolve payroll problems and discrepancies
- Determine payroll calendars and run schedules within Banner payroll administration system
- Accept and process wage assignments, levies and child support payments
- Perform monthly and cumulative reconciliation of payroll reports to general ledger and initiate adjusting entries
- Process payroll adjustments, i.e. stipends, overloads, extra pay contracts
- Prepare Audit Work Papers,prepare and analyze reports required by law, benefit agencies, independent auditors, University policies and contracts
- Process the W-2 file annually
- Answer inquiries and provide information
- Formulate and document payroll procedures; review and test payroll software releases with Information Technology
- Assist business office staff as needed
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: Work is performed in an office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer. This is sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: sitting, walking, bending, stooping, finger dexterity, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and payroll experience
- Five years experience processing automated payroll for 100+ employees
- Experience handling confidential information
- Ability to use professional judgment and to implement technology into payroll processing
- Ability to operate a calculator and make mathematical computations
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position
- Willingness to support the Catholic and Franciscan values of the university
- Certified Payroll Processor (CPP) certification
- Experience in higher education administration
- Knowledge and experience with Banner processing or comparable integrated payroll system
To view posting and apply go to: http://www.stfrancis.edu/employment-ads/pm/
We accept electronic/fax submissions only. Submissions without all of the required materials may not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all persons. Minority persons and women are especially invited to apply. Reviews begin immediately and applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Salary and other considerations will be competitive and consistent with the university’s commitment to recruiting the best-qualified individual.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.