Research Associate/M.S. Level Biostatistician « Position Deleted on 2/06/2013 »
|Institution:||George Washington University|
|Work Location Detail||6110 Executive Blvd Ste 750, Rockville, Maryland|
|Assigned Organizational Area:||Research|
|Division/Vice President:||Vice President for Research (OVPR)|
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Posting Number:||Staff - 002008|
|Work Schedule:||Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Total Hours Per Week:||35|
|Recruitment Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Job Open Date:||01/15/2013|
|Open Until Filled:||Yes|
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication,respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
Requires a masters degree and 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- 1-5 years of progressive experience with writing manuscripts and reports, supervision of study databases and data management; with at least 1 year clinical research experience.
- Prior experience in multi-center protocol development and management.
- SAS and database programming experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Good oral/written English language communications skills.
- Position title and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Assumes day-to-day oversight of study activities, communications with sites to coordinate and document resolution of study issues.
- Coordinates the training of new sites in study procedures, and troubleshoots any problems that arise.
- Manages project development from beginning to end. Coordinates tasks and workflow with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers and researchers to ensure deliverables are completed efficiently.
- Assists in the design of studies.
- Interacts/collaborates with medical investigators on methodological research, in collaboration with Center faculty.
- Supervises study databases and conducts data management for quality control.
- Prepares abstracts, posters, reports and manuscripts for major publications in leading medical journals and presentations of results in conjunction with Principal Investigator.
- Participates in staff meetings that will be conducted in any of the 5 Meeting Rooms across 2 floors and may be conducted in private offices as necessary in accordance with study protocol(s). Participate in site visits and study group meetings that may require travel to other locations in the Washington DC metropolitan area or other cities in the US.
- Coordinates the development of scientific protocols and their implementation for NIH-sponsored Phase II and III clinical trials.
- Maintains daily communication/interaction with onsite personnel to receive training, assignments; determines specifications and complete assignments; conveys status of work and other questions and test results. Maintains intermittent communication with The Center Systems Support staff and Administrative staff relating to systems and administrative details.
- Prepares, finalizes and maintains protocol, study documents, manual of operations and standardized procedures, as well as preparation of study reports; documents all new development output.
- Conducts data analysis using advanced statistical procedures using SAS.
- Keeps abreast of current
industry trends and enhances professional knowledge and skills through the review of published literature and attendance at
workshops/seminars or training as appropriate and in accordance with Biostatistics Center Professional Development Policy.
Performs other work-related duties as requested. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a Masters degree?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3