Job Seekers, Sign In
Full Time Network Communications Specialist « Position Deleted on 1/18/2013 »
|Institution:||Johnston Community College|
|Salary:||$32,721 to $49,082 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Title: Network Communications Specialist
Opening Date/Time: Thu. 01/10/13 12:00 AM Eastern Time
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 01/17/13 5:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $32,721.00 - $49,082.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
Division: Institutional Effectiveness
Department: Information Technology
Description: Provides second-level support services for the College's telephone, voice, imaging, and server systems which include various data storage, database, data imaging, voicemail, speech, and PBX servers. Work assignments are usually received from the Help Desk, or self-initiated. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting and managing the imaging systems, server systems, and telephone system. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to ensuring the assigned systems provide reliable service to their users and provide accurate reports within assigned deadlines. Be an effective team member and plan activities such as maintenance scheduling, establishing priorities, recommending equipment purchases, and facility needs as well as consulting with clients on technology feasibility. Some night and weekend work required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of thorough and up to date records covering the key aspects of the College's telephony systems including a listing and diagram of all inbound telephone lines/PRIs and associated circuit numbers.
- Operates specialized telephone management and monitoring equipment such as Optivity.
- Analyzes telephone traffic reports to ensure optimum system performance.
- Initiates troubleshooting and problem isolation activities.
- Manages, monitors and analyzes voicemail and unified messaging systems for efficient performance.
- Provides periodic reports on telephone, voicemail, and unified messaging use.
- Administer and maintain the College's document imaging system.
- Analyze, manage and develop forms workflow, automation, reporting, capture, archive and import processes, messaging, mass access and associated analytics.
- Maintain the College's enterprise server operations management system in an active and tuned state.
- Diagnose and ensure operations management alerts are corrected in a timely manner.
- Analyze and tune assigned servers to ensure performance standards are maintained.
- Support Network Operations Center server network design effort to maintain performance standards.
- Adhere to applicable federal, state, and institution policy related to information disclosure.
- Configures, maintains and analyzes the server backup system and tape library performance.
- Respond to telephone and/or direct-connect, calls. Maintains a continuity binder related to each supported server system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Minimum: Associates degree in computer science with courses in statistics or a related field.
Experience Minimum: One to three years of experience on telephone systems within an Information Technology department or related field. Knowledge of assessment tools (surveys, rubrics, etc).
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to analyze administrative and statistical reports and produce graphs and charts with clarity and accuracy
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Capacity to problem solve and apply critical thinking skills.
- Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be familiar with Microsoft Office, Backup Exec, and document imaging .
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.