Job Seekers, Sign In
Manager, Continuing Education - Center for Health Professionals « Position Deleted on 4/17/2013 »
|Location:||River Grove, IL|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$56,486 USD Per Year|
|Notes:||included on Affirmative Action email|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsBASIC SUMMARY:
The manager will develop and manage all non-credit Continuing Education for Health Care Professionals offerings through Triton College. This includes continuously reviewing past and current continuing education open enrollment and contract training offerings and working with credit health education staff, workforce development staff, and local health care providers to identify new continuing education opportunities. The manager will develop and maintain curricula for new programs; maintain all provider certifications and licensure; maintain student records associated with these programs; manage open enrollment courses, workshops, seminars, and conferences; and manage customized contract training for local health care providers.
Master's degree in nursing or other health care profession preferred.
Five years working within a health care providing institution and experience with continuing health care professional education, instructional design, or training and development preferred.
Current knowledge of health care professional development needs, including CEU's and /or CPDU's needed to maintain certification, certifying agencies and requirements for establishing and maintaining continuing education provider licensure/certification, and current issues in health care. Knowledge of community college curriculum development processes a plus.
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with peers and advisory groups are essential. Project management skills and ability to work with new technologies and their applications within the training and development industry is helpful.
- Reviews Continuing Education for Health Care Professional (CEHCP) files.
- Determines which previous and current offerings are viable.
- Meets and works with credit nursing and allied health care, workforce development, and contract training staff to identify what direction CEHCP programs should take.
- Develops business plan for CEHCP.
- Develops marketing plan for CEHCP.
- Develops contacts with local health care providers.
- Develops and regenerates current and relevant CEHCP programs designed to address local healthcare workforce needs, and provides individuals with opportunities for employment leading to self-sufficiency.
- Creates brochures and related materials to recruit participants.
- Coordinates the development of Fall, Spring, Spring Mini-semester and Summer schedules and promotional brochures in cooperation with Institutional Relations, the Department of Publications and Graphics, the Office of Instructional Planning and the Offices of Admissions, Records, and Registration.
- Assesses, selects, and coordinates learning materials for individual educational offerings. Coordinates the ordering of all books and materials with the bookstore.
- Provides on-site management for educational offerings.
- Analyzes summative evaluation data and revises CEHCP offerings accordingly.
- Acquires and maintains all continuing education provider licenses and certifications mandated by the State of Illinois.
- Ensures that all curricula are current.
- Develops new curricula and prepares all forms for submission to Illinois Community College Board for approval.
- Maintains course outlines, objectives, and other related course data.
- Resolves student related issues and complaints about CEHCP related programs and follows college guidelines and traditions in problem resolution.
- Supervises CEHCP program registration and billing in cooperation with the Admissions and Records, Registration, Data Processing, Staff Service/Telephone, and Bursar's Departments.
- Ensures that CEHCP program midterm verification process, grade submission and recording processes are completed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates room scheduling with the Director of Triton College Center South and on-campus with Office of Instructional Planning.
Triton College is committed to to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and a work environment which fosters respect for each individual and for the rights of others.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.