Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Director - 1159J « Position Deleted on 3/21/2013 »
|Institution:||Saint Louis University|
|Location:||St. Louis, MO|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsStaff Job Composite
Assistant Director (Institutional Research)
Job Summary:: Under general direction, assists with the development and implementation of research, assessment, evaluation and reporting to support planning, decision-making, and institutional effectiveness; coordinates, completes and oversees the completion of various institutional, agency, state and federal reports, questionnaires and surveys.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, designs and implements research, assessment and evaluation studies to support student recruitment, retention and learning as well as other academic and faculty affair's initiatives.
- Completes State of Missouri, US Federal government and other external reports, which includes Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Missouri Department of Higher Education, College and University Professional Association (CUPA), American Association of University Professors (AAUP), and other reports to external constituents.
- Develops reports and conducts research to satisfy ad-hoc queries from administrators, faculty, and other office within the University, and external organizations including identifying benchmark institutions and comparable data sets.
- Manages the University's data and works with other internal offices to improve the accuracy and integrity of data including compiling student census reports.
- Supervises and supports staff conducting research, assessment and reporting tasks; performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research, analysis, and statistical methods
- Knowledge of institutional research and evaluation processes, including design, data collection, data analysis, and reporting
- Knowledge of relational databases and the use of computer applications to manipulate and analyze data
- Knowledge of SPSS, SQL, Cognos and Microsoft Office suite programs
- Analytical writing skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently
- Ability to lead and manage staff
Master's degree; supplemented with three (3) years of related work experience. Experience conducting high education reporting including state and federal accreditation requirements required. Experience with state and federal reporting systems required.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.