Job Seekers, Sign In
Human Resources Technician « Position Deleted on 4/18/2013 »
|Institution:||South Piedmont Community College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPosition Overview:
The mission of Human Resources, Payroll, and Organizational Development department is to advance the overall goal of the College through the acquisition, retention, and support of excellent faculty and staff members. The Human Resources, Payroll, and Organizational Development Department is committed to demonstrating a caring approach to employees and their work. The Human Resources Technician will perform duties to facilitate a work environment that supports and promotes productivity, efficiency, and innovation in accomplishing tasks to achieve the SPCC mission.
- Associate Degree.
- Previous Human Resources experience.
- Three years of customer service experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Previous Administrative Assistant experience.
- Notary public preferred or three months to qualify as a notary.
- Extensive database experience.
- Extensive spreadsheet experience.
- Previous experience in an educational setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands and upholds confidentiality.
- A commitment to and belief in mission, vision, and values of SPCC.
1. Represent Human Resources on the OCH Campus and on a scheduled basis at the LLP Campus.
2. Process incoming full-time and part-time job applications and maintain files on current position openings.
3. Correspond with applicants regarding the completion of their files.
4. Perform general office duties including filing, copying, scanning and faxing for the HR, Payroll, and Organizational Development Department
5. Perform day to day assistance to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, Payroll, and Organizational Development.
6. Field questions concerning available positions (e.g. job description, salary, status, etc.)
7. Create and maintain an applicant database/spreadsheet.
8. Assist department chairs with reviewing adjunct applicant files.
9. Track employee professional development hours and provide yearly transcripts.
10. Maintain an accurate Access database of internal and external professional development activities of SPCC employees; produce accurate yearly transcripts, produce and aggregate surveys, import and export Access data.
11. E-mail/mail packets to potential new hires.
12. Schedule appointments with new hires to complete employment paperwork.
13. Prepare background check authorizations and maintain a spreadsheet as they are faxed.
14. Prepare and mail regret letters for filled positions.
15. Record applicant data for all posted positions and close out job files as positions are filled.
16. Provide customer service to employees.
17. Represent SPCC at funerals and college functions as needed.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources, Payroll and Organizational Development.
To be considered, the following materials must be submitted with the application packet:
1. A complete and comprehensive resume.
2. A completed South Piedmont Community College application for employment.
Position is open until filled.
For an application, please check the website, www.spcc.edu or contact us at:
South Piedmont Community College
Human Resources Office
PO Box 126
Polkton, NC 28135
Equal Access, Equal Opportunity Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.