Program Representative, Marion
- Admin - Admissions and Enrollment
- Admin - Public Relations, Marketing and Communications
- Admin - Sales
The individual in this position has primary responsibility to recruit students for assigned degree programs or certifications. As the primary representative of IWU to prospective students seeking to obtain a degree in one of the aforementioned areas, the person filling this position must have excellent specific knowledge of the degree programs and a superior general understanding of the target audiences for which the programs are designed. Working in consultation with the Assistant Director of Admissions or Director of Admissions, this person assists in developing and modifying plans to market these programs.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities:
- Supply information regarding the various programs AES represents to prospective students and influencers (e.g., employers, supervisors, etc.).
- Provide supervision to the Admissions/Marketing Specialist in relation to the completion process of student applicant files.
- Serve as the liaison between various APS departments (e.g., Financial Aid, Accounting, Academics, etc.) and prospective students regarding the programs, answering questions about curriculum and course sequence, scheduling, registration, pre-requisites, etc.
- Plan and conduct on-site information meetings.
- Consult with the Assistant Director of Admissions on the development and implementation of annual marketing plans for the various programs.
- Suggest revisions and additions to the annual marketing plan as opportunities to promote the various programs are discovered or needed.
- Plan and conduct regularly scheduled visits to key influencers and develop relationships with them.
- In consultation with the Assistant Director of Admissions, register for, attend, and maintain booth space at selected business and technology trade shows, conventions, and conferences.
- Initiate and work with AES Operations staff to coordinate special direct and bulk mail efforts to promote the various programs.
- Track proposed class starts for the purpose of consulting with the Program Directors and the Assistant Director of Admissions about the need to adjust start dates.
- Regularly review brochures and other printed materials to check for accuracy of description of the various programs (e.g., admission requirements, curriculum, prerequisites, cost, etc.).
- Maintain regular contact with student leads as well as accepted students until they have started class.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director of Admissions, AES.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
- Superior communication skills (spoken, written, group, individual)
- Advanced computer skills with working experience in word processing, spreadsheets, database usage, e-mail, Internet, etc.
- Ability to relate well to working professionals
- Ability to work independently, especially in the area of arranging and conducting on-site information meetings and influencer visits
- Excellent organizational ability
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Travel required
- Professional dress required while meeting with influencers and prospective students
Smoke-free office environment
Education: Minimum of a bachelor's degree, master's preferred
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in college recruitment, sales, marketing, and/or public relations
According to Indiana Wesleyan University's employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement .
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.