Coordinator LL.M. Program & International Students
- Admin - Admissions and Enrollment
- Admin - Academic Advising
- Admin - International Programs and Services
DePaul University, the nation's largest Catholic university and one of the 10 largest private universities, is an urban institution with 6 campuses, more than 275 degree programs, and 25,000 students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
The Coordinator LL.M. Program & International Students will coordinate all aspects of the College of Law's LL.M. programs; including: student recruitment, admissions and advising. This position will serve as the primary contact for ongoing international student issues and work with the LL.M. program directors to coordinate the schedule and ensure the availability of courses. This is a professional position that requires travel as well as some weekend and evening hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy to recruit both U.S. and international LL.M. students.
- Prepare admission materials, recruitment publications and maintain LL.M. application and curriculum information on the website.
- Prepare and update both print and on-line application.
- Attend LL.M. recruitment fairs within the U.S. and abroad.
- Prepare prospective student mailings using the LSAC Candidate Referral Service (CRS) or any successor or alternative services.
- Counsel prospective LL.M. students regarding admissions requirements and serve as primary contact for applicants regarding the completion of their application.
- Input and maintain all applications and prospect information in LSAC's ACES2 admissions processing system or any successor or alternative system.
- Input admitted student data in PeopleSoft or any successor or alternative data service.
- Conduct follow-up contacts with applicants to ensure the timely completion of their application and VISA requirements.
- Evaluate educational credentials of applicants and recommend admission decision to program directors.
- Generate all decision letters and conduct other correspondence with applicants.
- Work with Office of Financial Aid to process financial aid awards.
- Serve as the principal contact for international students regarding immigration laws and regulations involving visa status requirements and restrictions.
- Issue immigration forms to admitted students and work with DePaul's Office for International Students & Scholars to assist international students in applying for student visas.
- Advise international students in technical aspects of immigration regulations.
- Serve as the primary contact point for international students regarding their integration into the campus community.
- Assist international students with coordination of travel and the transition to the U.S. (community resources, housing, banking, etc).
- Coordinate faculty activities with international students and develop and deliver extracurricular activities.
- Serve as the College of Law's liaison to DePaul's English Language Academy (ELA) and coordinate and assist international students with their enrollment into ELA.
- Coordinate and conduct a fall and spring orientation for new LL.M. and international students.
- Provide admitted students with information regarding Campus Connect, registration, student services, immunization requirements, email and ID card services.
- Monitor the progress of LL.M. and international students and provide academic and personal counseling throughout their terms of enrollment.
- Assist LL.M. and international students with class registration and register students in PeopleSoft.
- Conduct research on international law firms, companies & agencies for placement of LL.M. and international graduates.
- Coordinate such work with Career Services.
- Coordinate academic support for LL.M. students.
- Work with LL.M. program directors to ensure that all required courses and sufficient elective courses are available for LL.M. students to meet all degree completion requirements in the prescribed time period.
- Assist in preparing the fall, spring and summer LL.M. schedule of courses.
- Compile data and prepare regular and special reports regarding LL.M. applications and enrollment.
- Generate weekly status reports for the LL.M. program directors.
- Maintain LL.M. program budget (travel, supplies, publications, advertising, etc).
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Masters degree in a field related to international relations or counseling.
- 2 - 3 years of experience working with international students.
- Ability to work weekend and evening hours, if required.
- Ability to occasional travel, if required.
- Juris Doctorate degree.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/ContributionFolder/Documents/Benefits/Benefits_Summary_2013.pdf
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected.
For more information about the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act, please visit: http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/faq/faq_faq_can.shtml
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.