Research Assistant, Office of Institutional Research « Position Deleted on 2/03/2013 »
|Institution:||Massasoit Community College|
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions.
In accordance with the American College and University President's Climate Commitment it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
The Office of Institutional Research (IR) at Massasoit Community College is responsible for collecting, analyzing and interpreting a variety of institutional data for constituents within the college as well as state and federal agencies. In addition, the IR Office is also responsible for conducting survey research to evaluate academic programs and services offered at the college. The Research Assistant reports to the Director of IR and will assist with data analysis and reporting, longitudinal studies, survey design, and the writing of research reports. Job duties will be as follows:
- Compile, analyze, and report enrollment trends, and demographic information, displaying information in various tables and graphs.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing research pertaining to academic programs and services, student retention, new students, non- returning students, and graduates.
- Perform statistical analysis using SPSS.
- Manage and maintain institutional data files for a variety of reporting purposes.
- Assist with administration and reporting results of survey instruments to evaluate programs and services offered at the college (including both paper- and web-based surveys).
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from administrators, faculty, and staff at the college as assigned.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's preferred.
- Excellent technical/data analysis skills, strong writing skills, some research experience, and statistical knowledge required.
- Proficiency with SPSS (or similar statistical software) and Excel.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with MS Access, SQL, and/or Banner a plus.
- Prior work experience in institutional research preferred.
Non Unit Professional: 37.5 Hours (Monday-Friday), Full-time, Grant funded with benefits
Salary: $40,000-$50,000 (based on education and experience)
Closing Date: February 1, 2013
Please include a cover letter outlining background and experience and a current resume.