Extension Specialist, Human Development and Family Science
- Admin - Extension and Outreach
- Faculty - Liberal Arts - Human Development & Family Studies
Location: EML 383
The Extension Specialist, Human Development and Family Science, will work with a team of Extension and research professionals to provide program leadership for the NDSU Extension Service in the area of Human Development and Family Science.
This position is part-time (.80 FTE) and will be housed in the Department of Human Development and Family Science in the College of Human Development and Education and will receive direct supervision from the Department Head.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the educational programs used by the Parent Education Network (PEN) in North Dakota.
- Provide leadership for targeted educational programming in human development and family science (specifically, parent education and other priorities as determined by the Extension program planning process).
- Provide leadership for curriculum development and updates.
- Review and update publications, newsletters and social media as assigned.
- Manage new online divorce education program entitled Parents Forever.
- Identify and communicate critical issues in human development and family science to Extension staff
- Provide input to program planning and program development
- Train staff to deliver targeted programming, especially in the area of parent education
- Develop educational resources
- Participate in unit and program meetings
1. Master's Degree in human development and family science or related field
2. Knowledge and expertise in related state programs/services available to the public
3. Evidence of effective teaching abilities
4. Effective oral and written communication skills
5. Demonstrated ability to deliver parent education
6. Ability to provide leadership and coordination for educational programs and evaluation
7. Extension experience
8. Valid driver's license
1. Established network of human development/parent education contacts within North Dakota
2. Knowledge and understanding of community-based programming
3. Evidence of effective grant writing and grant management skills
This position is exempt from North Dakota Veteran's Preference Requirements.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.