Associate/Full Professor/ Director of Center for Instructional Excellence and Innovation
- Faculty - Education - Other Education (study of)
- Faculty - Education - Instructional Technology & Design
Location: Fargo, ND
The position is eligible for tenure. Responsibilities include: Establishing and directing a Center for Instructional Excellence and Innovation (CIEI), teaching courses, research, and service. The Director will provide leadership in the development and support of innovative and emerging pedagogies across the institution including use of virtual and immersive learning. The successful candidate will also direct the interdisciplinary STEM Education PhD program and provide leadership for the existing Center for Science and Mathematics Education at NDSU, which provides infrastructure to support multiple K-20 science, mathematics, and engineering education projects that are collaborative in nature.
- Earned doctorate in an appropriate education or closely related field.
- Strong experience and leadership in research-based instructional support, including peer review of teaching, faculty mentorship, and/or similar pedagogical support.
- A record of research, teaching, and service that warrants tenure and a rank of associate or full professor at NDSU.
- Demonstrated leadership at the collegiate level.
- A record of excellent collegiate teaching.
- Expertise in the instructional use of technology.
- Demonstrated expertise in the scholarship of teaching.
- Knowledge and interest in educational research methods.
- Success securing grants and external funding.
- Evidence of effective oral and written communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Evidence of experience with STEM educational programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with and gain cooperation of university faculty from diverse disciplines.
- Successful experience leading collaborative projects.
- Knowledge and experience addressing issues of diversity and a desire to be involved in cultural diversity initiatives.
- Experience with interdisciplinary university programs
- Experience promoting campus teaching excellence at the university level
This position is exempt from North Dakota Veterans Preference requirements.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.