Job Seekers, Sign In
Research Development Specialist - Research and Graduate Studies « Position Deleted on 3/24/2013 »
|Institution:||Purdue University Calumet|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsExpand services for the Office of Research and Graduate Studies unit by identifying, researching, and promoting funding opportunities as well as managing ORGS initiatives and programs. Develop on-going familiarity with research funding opportunities utilizing funding databases, federal agency websites, peer institutions' websites and other resources to identify opportunities most likely to be relevant for Purdue Calumet faculty. Identify and oversee research teams and lead teams through proposal development process. Manage internal initiatives and programs in support of sponsored programs development. Serve as the point of contact on internal awards. Oversee office website. Assist interim Assistant Vice Chancellor Research and Graduate Studies with various ORGS related projects, programs, and reports.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of experience in sponsored programs, grants development or related field
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills essential
- Ability to initiate and maintain professional relationships with diverse groups
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Experience working in a higher education work environment
- Familiarity with web development and maintenance
Check out our excellent benefits package at: http://www.purdue.edu/hr/Benefits/
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
Retirement Eligibility: Fidelity Contribution Waiting Period.
All offers of employment will be made contingent upon the results of the background check.
Review of online applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled, with a preferred online application deadline of: February 4, 2013. Although you are welcome to apply after this date, your resume may or may not be reviewed depending on the outcome of the search.
Purdue University Calumet is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.