Research Engineer - Mechanical Engineering
- Admin - Laboratory and Research
- Faculty - Engineering - Mechanical
Perform research in the field of thermal transport to improve the technical expertise at the Center for Integrated Thermal/Energy Management of Aerospace Vehicles. Write necessary project reports to sponsors and conduct presentations regarding the research. Assist with the writing of scientific articles for publication in professional journals and prepare posters and seminars that utilize lab-generated data and collaborative research. Train students in the use of thermal simulation tools and new research methods. Provide support in data reduction and interpretation of experimental results. Provide expert services for proofing and consultation as well as presentation advice for publications, seminars and posters. Represent the group at selected conferences and professional meetings, network with potential sponsors, and assist with proposal preparation. Will be involved with scientific societies in the fields of nanoenergetics and nanoscale materials. Provide laboratory tours to visitors and K-12 students.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering and thermal science.
- Two years computational simulation experience and experience with simulation of heat transfer across multiple length scales and uncertainty quantification of said simulations. (Graduate work experience in this field is acceptable.)
- Knowledge of specialized thermal simulation methods and computational techniques.
- Discretion and independent judgment in all areas of research including choosing methods and strategies and avoiding loss of valuable research time and resources.
- Strong (verbal & written) communication skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB computer language.
- ALL applicants must apply via our online recruitment system. No other applications will be accepted.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.