Job Seekers, Sign In
Chief Information Officer « Position Deleted on 3/25/2013 »
|Institution:||Prospect Education / Charter College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$95,000 to $123,500 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION DESCRIPTION
The Chief Information Officer will serve as a visionary executive and provide ownership and oversight of the Company's information technology resources and its strategic technology plan. This plan will focus on the delivery of effective, efficient, and secure IT services to meet our staff, faculty, and students needs. This position is critical to the success of the organization by aligning the technology infrastructure to meet the business goals and objectives.
This position requires a proven change agent with a solid balance of education, experience, business acumen, and common sense to help drive a high growth, privately held, for-profit, post-secondary school business.
Prospect Education is head quartered in the Reno/Tahoe, Nevada area with campus operations, doing business as Charter College, in California, Washington, and Alaska.
- Bachelors degree
in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Minimum of 12 years of progressing IT experience, some of which must have been at a
Fortune 500 company (i.e. $4B+ in Revenues)
- Minimum 5 years direct management experience leading an IT team of 4+ people
reasonable track record of job stability (i.e. do not apply if you change companies every two years)
- Integrity without question
- Master's degree (MBA or IT related)
- Experience with Six Sigma application and/or Lean principles
- Education industry experience preferred, but not required
- Proven strategic mind set as
it relates to planning, designing and implementing IT architecture, application deployment, help desk operations, and/or enterprise wide
- Business Operations experience and understanding.
- Current knowledge of IT systems, trends and issues,
including technology capabilities and pricing, especially as they relate to higher education.
- Technical expertise in web
architecture, web servers, and internet protocols for web related applications such as intra/internet sites, student access portal, and
distance education delivery.
- Use facilitation, influencing, and relationship-building skills to effectively communicate (verbal and
written) with various level employees, at various sites on technical, business and end user systems to keep them apprised of technology
issues, priorities, and strategic direction.
- Organizational skills to multi-task and prioritize effectively as project and company
priorities change balancing urgency and timeliness of task completion.
- Sound logic, reasoning, and common sense view of business
operations and speak your mind when something doesn't make sense.
- Self-motivated, results-orientated, and flexibility to execute
against demanding goals at a rapid pace.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace, understand, and drive "continuous improvement."
- Excellent project management skills including understanding of critical path planning and a track record of delivering projects on-time
and with in budget.
- Proven ability to solve complex technical and process problems to create solutions that convert into simplified
- Experience negotiating and managing supplier relationships to ensure accountability of performance with respect to the
contractual obligations and SLA's.
- Experience and ability to estimate and control a multi-million dollar budget.
- Team player with the ability to have fun on the job and foster positive relationships with colleagues.
We offer great benefits including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Profit Sharing, Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits, Paid Time Off / PTO (15 days per year), 7 Paid Holidays per year, Tuition Reimbursements of up to $5,000 per year, and more...visit us online to learn more.
Immediately following the submission of your application you will be asked to take an assessment. This assessment helps us match your talents and attributes to our positions. Keep in mind if you choose to not participate in the assessment you will not be considered for the position. If you are applying for multiple positions, please be aware that you only need to complete the assessment once.
**Please save the below link so that you can refer back to the assessment link and instructions (step 2 in the process):
We are committed to diversity. Charter College and Prospect Education LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers.
We are committed to diversity. Prospect Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.