Job Seekers, Sign In
Curriculum Assessment Specialist « Position Deleted on 3/25/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsOrganization
MyCollege Foundation is a social enterprise that is addressing core problems in US higher education. We have partnered to create Portmont College at Mount St. Mary's, a non-profit, regionally accredited college offering high-quality Associates degrees about the cost of a Pell grant. Portmont's mission is to transform student lives by continuously improving quality, broadening access, and lowering the cost of education. Blending personalized online education with in-person cohorts and social supports, Portmont will enable thousands of motivated students who face barriers in traditional colleges to succeed in college and graduate with minimal debt. We are a growing team with big plans, led by a successful serial entrepreneur and respected academics and technologists. MyCollege Foundation is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and has engaged a stellar group of advisers from the US Higher Ed and corporate sectors, and key partnerships to enable success.
Position - Curriculum Assessment Specialist
Are you passionate about making a lasting difference in the world while using your strengths and expertise in a fun, fast-paced, mission-driven environment? Do you want to help transform the US education system while working with a smart, dynamic team? Can you dream big while drilling down to execute on tactical details? Are you detail oriented in measuring, documenting and improving student learning? Are you energized by connecting students to the real world through learning activities and assessments? If so, we need you. We are looking for an experienced assessment expert to work closely with instructional designers, student support experts, technology experts, and internal academic teams to build and validate learning measurements for student learning outcomes at the course, program and college levels. We want to use assessment as a means to create a great experience for our students. This is a key role to assure student learning and progress, and has huge growth potential as the organization scales.
- Work with our internal academic, student support, and technology teams to design, evaluate, and report assessment initiatives at the course, program, and college levels
- Develop assessment plans for student learning outcomes at the course, program, and college levels
- Build a fully-embedded assessment model using formative and summative evaluation procedures, data sources, and instruments to improve curriculum, instruction, course and program design, and the student experience
- Incorporate appropriate elements of non-traditional assessments and gamification in assessment models
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning assessment through innovative and wide-ranging instruments and practices
- Evaluate and use feedback from internal and external sources/results to improve assessments, exams and other measurement methods
- Provide ad-hoc analytics reports and support as needed
- Listen to internal and external customers and analyze key metrics to improve our service and product continuously as an organization
- Master's or Doctoral degree in educational measurement, cognitive science, or related field
- Proven track record (3+ years) in building and implementing assessment models
- Experience building and validating evaluation instruments to measure student learning outcomes - preferably across both face-to-face and online modalities
- Experience working well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate in fast-paced and dynamic environment, prioritize well, and deliver results
- Willingness to do what it takes to ensure student success
- Commitment to MyCollege's mission
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.