Irrigation Technician « Position Deleted on 3/15/2013 »
|Institution:||North Dakota State University|
Location: Thorson Maintenance Center
Responsible for performing skilled work in the maintenance, installation, and design of campus irrigation systems; performs irrigation system start-up, irrigation controller programming, water management, trouble-shooting, irrigation system repairs, and system winterization; operate trenchers, virbatory plow, tractors, skid steer loaders, dump trucks, forklifts, rototillers, snow blowers; provide supervision and training for seasonal and part-time employees; performs unskilled manual duties as needed and other duties assigned to the department to include snow removal, delivery, mail truck
- High School Diploma / GED
- Working knowledge of irrigation systems and landscape water features.
- One year related work experience using equipment & vehicles (i.e.: tandem & single axle trucks, loaders, tractors & other grounds maintenance equipment)
- Experience with maintenance & installation of underground irrigation systems
- Experience with the maintenance of landscape ponds, streams and fountains.
- Valid North Dakota Class "B" drivers license with air brake endorsement or equivalent or ability to obtain before the end of probationary period.
- One year of supervisory experience or one year of grounds maintenance responsibility which may lend itself to being considered a lead worker position.
- Two years or more supervisory experience of 2-3 employees.
- Design/installation of irrigation systems