Assistant Athletic Trainer (A1300021)
Position Deleted on 2/03/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
Admin - Athletics and Coaching
included on Affirmative Action email
Notice of Position Vacancy
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Position: Assistant Athletic Trainer
100% Academic Professional appointment
To assist the Director of Sports Medicine Services/Head Athletic Trainer and team physicians in providing coverage and support for the delivery of a health care system to the student-athletes who participate in the intercollegiate athletic program for the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Directly responsible to the Director of Sports Medicine Services/Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physicians, who in turn, are directly responsible to the Executive Sr. Associate Athletic Director.
- Under their direction the Assist Athletic Trainer will supervise graduate athletic trainers.
- Assist with established guidelines of the health care of profession and medical community, promoting a communication network for student-athletes, parents, coaches and medical personnel.
- Assist with coordinating prevention, care, rehabilitation, and evaluation of athletic related injuries and illnesses sustained during practice, post-practice and athletic competition, utilizing all the resources within the University of Illinois and community.
- Responsible for maintaining coverage and care for men's and women's athletic teams, coordinating pre-practice, practice, post-practice and athletic team competition needs.
- Coordinate and supervise medical services with the student athletic training staff, team physicians and paramedic services for practices and competition.
- Assist with record keeping for all medical records, medical supplies, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses.
- Assist with coordination of yearly physical examination, working with the Director of McKinley Health Center, by obtaining a family medical history, immunization history and current medical insurance information.
- Assist with maintaining the appropriate Occupational and Safety, Health Administration guidelines for the work place.
- Knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
Bachelor' degree required, master's degree preferred, certification by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, registered with and licensed by the state of Illinois, Department of Professional Regulations, regular attendance at State, District and National Health care programs and continued compliance of continuing education requirement established by the National Athletic Trainers Association.
Experience: Minimum two years experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer preferred.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before January 30, 2013. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, names of three references, and proof of academic credentials. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Paul Schmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews may take place prior to closing date but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is a member of the Big Ten Conference and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The administration, faculty, and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. ( www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.