Job Seekers, Sign In
Senior Director Office of Student Accounts Operations « Position Deleted on 3/28/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Maryland University College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsSenior Director, Office of Student Accounts Operations
Office of Student Accounts
Exempt, Regular, Full Time
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Senior Director, Office of Student Accounts Operations in the Office of Office of Student Accounts. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President & Bursar, the Senior Director OSA Operations, is a contributing member of the senior management team of the Office of Student Accounts, responsible for planning, administering, implementing and managing student billing, collections, customer service, communications and outreach, and systems programs and operations. The Senior Director OSA Operations provides leadership and direction to his/her units in relation to service and operational priorities, executing strategies and evaluating organizational structures; and ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations and institutional policies and practices. Anticipates major problems and provides guidance to eliminate or minimize their effect; interacts collaboratively and proactively with internal and external peers; assists with the development of annual and long range plans and programs; and escalates to, advises and represents the AVP & Bursar on matters related to student billing, collection, customer service, and systems. Provides leadership, coaching, and supervision of direct reports; appropriately managing workload in order to meet unit goals and promoting professional development and growth.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Directs and oversees work through subordinate managers of Collections and Cashiering, Communications and Customer Relations and OSA Systems and Accounting units. Partnering with Vendor Relations and Quality Assurance units to ensure the active resolution of questions, concerns and service issues related to respective unit operations; monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), quantitative and qualitative, and other metrics to ensure respective units are meeting established quality assurance standards.
- Assist in the planning, facilitation, coordination and/or direct implementation of operations, services roll-out, ramp-up and expansions of Collections & Cashiering, Communications & Customer Relations and OSA Systems & Accounting operations; coordinating resources to assist with improvement/implementation efforts to achieve a successful balance of operational and service success. Assist with the development of specifications and scope of work and/or proposals; providing timely and accurate forecasting and elevating critical issues to the AVP.
- Assists with the evaluation of Collections & Cashiering, Communications & Customer Relations and OSA Systems & Accounting processes to identify inefficiencies and/or proactive strategies as well as to mitigate potential security risks, identifying goods and services most appropriate to OSA needs; provides leadership and vision to respective units pertaining to performance, compliance/policy and reporting; guides subordinates in strategic planning, assuring implementation of organizational goals and objectives of various functions and subordinate activities.
- Conducting research, drafting proposals/papers assisting with the development of strategic plans and developing best business practices related to respective units to enhance revenue recovery, efficiency, customer service, satisfaction and ultimately the value of UMUC. Reviews legislation, regulations and laws pertaining to compliance, performance and accountability, and identifies necessary changes.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: An advanced degree in accounting and finance is preferred Candidates with program management experience and success in managing, developing and delivering high-quality programs; experience working within a large organization and/or functional business unit. Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience working within a higher education institution office. Knowledge and experience using PeopleSoft SF Knowledge of Goldmine or similar CRM software Knowledge and familiarity with Project Management tools
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Please visit www.umuc.edu/employment for complete instructions for applying for this position. All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm
UMUC - an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.
University of Maryland University College actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, gender, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, mental or physical disability, veterans status or sexual orientation.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.