Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Student Financial Services « Position Deleted on 4/10/2013 »
|Institution:||Brown Mackie College-Indianapolis, IN|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDirector of Student Financial Services
The position is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate disbursement of financial aid funds, overseeing the refund process, managing account receivables throughout the system and overseeing collection activities. Serves as the Banner system administrator for Student Accounts. Position will work with Operations & Finance on reconciliations of bank and GL accounts and works with Treasury to ensure accurate movement of aid funds, and is responsible for ensuring that customer service to both students and campus staff is timely and accurate. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Student Accounts to ensure timely and accurate publication of financial aid materials and forms, and ensure timely and comprehensive communication with Student Finance/Student Services staff at the campuses.
- Work with Operations Finance and Accounting to ensure the timely and accurate reconciliation of bank accounts and GL accounts that pertain to the department as well as with the Treasury department to ensure the timely and accurate transfer of aid funds. Additionally, oversee the prompt return of funds to lenders should any be necessary.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Student Accounts to oversee financial aid disbursements and the timely processing of student refunds, monitor the direct deposit of refunds, or facilitate the disbursement of funds.
- Serve as the System Administrator of the Banner Student Receivables forms.
- Prepare monthly receivables report by campus and facilitate the printing and mailing of monthly billing statements.
- Assist in planning and presenting at the annual Student Finance conference, preparation for annual Title IV audits, preparation of annual federal reports (FISAP), development of the Student Finance Policy and Procedure Manual, and the development, scheduling, and content of campus visits, including student accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
a) Bachelor's degree required with a master's degree in a related field desirable
b) Three to five years of solid experience in financial aid or student accounts preferably in a post-secondary institution.
a) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations.
c) Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
d) Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as detailed expertise in more concentrated financial aid software programs such as Banner.
a) Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
b) Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
c) Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to: www.edmc.edu/careers/jobpostings.aspx.
Education Management LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.