Purdue University is actively seeking a programmer analyst for the IT Enterprise Applications team. This individual will be responsible for analysis, design, development, and support of technical solutions to integrate or compliment elements of the University's administrative computing portfolio. This portfolio consists of major ERP systems, data warehouse applications, open source systems and departmental applications.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with business analysts, client areas and technical staff to identify and specify
requirements for technical solutions to support business processes.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for alternative
application solutions and comprehensive technical support for applications. Implement, modify or develop business
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of application development processes.
- Provide daily production and technical support which may include on-call, non-business hour support.
- Business or student systems related applications development using structured programming object
oriented languages such as PL/SQL, SQL, C, C++, JAVA.
- Designing and implementing applications using relational databases such as
Oracle, SQL Server or mySQL.
- Following software development practices that include source code management, version control, and change management processes and procedures.
Purdue University is one of the nation's premier institutions with more than 200 areas of undergraduate study and renowned research initiatives. Purdue's undergraduate and graduate programs rank among the best in the country. Twenty-two of America's astronauts hold Purdue degrees. Students from all 50 states and more than 130 countries bring rich diversity to the main campus in West Lafayette. Although a large university, Purdue maintains an intimate atmosphere that highly values individual needs and achievements. Purdue also offers a generous fringe benefit package ( www.purdue.edu/benefits) that includes retirement benefits as well as major medical, disability, life insurance, vacation days, personal business days and tuition remission.