Affecting Cancer Together™ Men's Health Educator/Program Coordinator - West Lafayette - Center for Cancer Research
- Admin - Health and Medical Services
- Admin - Extension and Outreach
Responsible for the education, planning, organizing, coordination, and evaluation components of the men's health portion of Affecting Cancer Together TM (ACT). Recruit and educate ACT participants (including but not limited to barbers, hair stylists, beauticians, faith-based and other community leaders and members). Develop health leaders, lay health educators, and health motivators throughout Indiana. Stimulate public awareness while promoting informed decision making for prostate health. Coordinate hospital and community health resources; assist in maximizing community interventional impact. Promote actions for improved health.
This position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana and will be supported for a period of two years with continuation dependent upon receipt of additional funding. Benefits do apply.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Communications, Education Psychology, Nursing, or Nutrition Science.
- Three or more years of health education experience.
- Two years of health education experience with an MS in Education or Public Health will also be considered.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of required education and related work experience.
- Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to apply appropriate health education interventions.
- Excellent ability to develop health education presentations.
- Ability to prepare reports and assist with grant writings activities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing tasks.
- Strong ability to interface and collaborate frequently with other health professionals and the general public.
- Ability to understand and assess health education needs of the community and analyze knowledge, beliefs and practices of people in the community to determine possible barriers to health education and health services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when necessary.
- Ability to keep abreast of all federal and state regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified and analyze effects on the program.
- Ability to understand and adhere to compliance standards as they appear in Purdue University's Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct, Human studies regulations and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- In-state travel and a valid driver's license.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Communications, Education Psychology, Nursing, or Nutrition Science.
- Demonstrated excellence in community health education and/or outreach.
- Possess basic knowledge about prostate cancer, cancer and other chronic diseases.
For consideration submit resume and apply online at: www.purdue.edu/careers and reference Job Number 1201967.