Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Communications & Marketing « Position Deleted on 3/05/2013 »
|Location:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPermanent, Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
The Director, Communications and Marketing, is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all internal and external College communications. The position works with senior administrators, department managers, faculty, and staff to ensure that all communication strategies and tactics align with the institution's overall strategic plan. The role directs the efforts of marketing, communications, and public relations staff and their execution of campaigns, marketing initiatives, publications, website, events, as well as public, media, and government relations.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree in communications, marketing, public relations or related discipline.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience in a senior capacity, preferably from a broad public sector environment. Post-secondary experience an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Considerable knowledge of web-based strategies and technology and current technology used in publication development, advertising, and public relations.
- Considerable knowledge of website design and web content management systems including functional understanding of web technologies and their interdependence to IT infrastructure and processes.
- Considerable knowledge of publishing, print, and multi-media design and production processes.
- Demonstrated experience in project management methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in production of corporate communications strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated experience in managing human resources including hiring, supervising, recruitment, training, and performance management of staff, preferably in a complex unionized environment.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic-thinking, analytical, organizational, and personal skills
- Skills writing press releases, making presentations, and negotiating with media
- Skills overseeing the production of print materials and publications
- Commitment to working in an environment of collaboration and shared decision-making as well as in cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to build cross-functional multi-disciplinary teams and motivate people
- Ability to function with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Ability to react quickly and deal successfully with sometimes conflicting objectives in an open and public environment
- Ability to work with a variety of media and mediums to achieve the institution's communications goals
- Ability to work as part of the institution's leadership team
Employee Group: Administrator
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday; however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date. For a copy of the position description, please click here.
Closing Date: March 3, 2013
Competition No.: A004-13
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.